I pad woes.

davegs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On my I pad I keep getting a message "server not recognised", also cannot get E mails on it all is fine normal service on all sites tried to get onto apple tv but all I get is the msame messge "server not recognised" how do I sort this.

At the risk of stating the obvious - the first thing to try is always to turn it off completely (not just the screen) and restarting. Beyond that, I'm out of my depth, sorry.

Is the iPad software fully updated?

Have you tried using it at a different location / on a different WiFi connection to eliminate the connectivity issues being down to your connection?

If you can't use another WiFi network then try turning the WiFi on and off (only a small chance it will work, but easy thing to try)

What will probably work is turning your home router off and then go to the iPad and:

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks for the advice, did a reset yesterday but no help it tells me I have an e mail but unable to get it up./ All ok on mmy pc but I p[ad nought, still getting the message "not recignised buy server

Many thanks for the advice, did a reset yesterday but no help it tells me I have an e mail but unable to get it up./ All ok on mmy pc but I p[ad nought, still getting the message "not recignised buy server
If you know your email password , I would delete your email account on the Ipad, then add it again as a “ new” account. The not recognised by server probably means the email app on your ipad is pointing to an incorrect destination.

What are you using to check the email with on the iPad? The built in "Mail" app, Outlook?

I'd try downloading something like Spark (free mail app) and see if that works OK. If it does then it points to an issue with whatever your current mail app is, if it doesn't then the problem is somewhere else.

Login to your e mails using Safari , keep the browser open then click the E mail on the tablet I cloud.
Might work - maybe.

dunno if you're using google mail app, but it does not work with old iPads anymore.

Some email services, such as Gmail don't consider some third party apps to be secure enough to access their servers, so won't allow a connection.
This may happen after you have enabled 2 step authentication.
If thats the case then you need an app specific password.
This is created by your email provider and you use this instead of your 'own' password when you add the account to the iPad.
Apple also do this themselves if you were to access your iCloud email on say Outlook.

tried to get onto apple tv but all I get is the msame messge "server not recognised"
This is the bit that is confusing me………… is it only your email that you are having trouble accessing, or are you also having trouble when opening the Apple TV app? :nenau

Back
Top Bottom