Info needed for after

araspitfire

Reaction score
I'm planning on coming over from The Nethelands for this event... I plan to sleep on the Hull ferry Thursday night, drive across for an early campsite setup on Friday.

But will the fun go on to Sunday Night and Monday?

I'm booked on the WOBMW offroad course on the Next Friday, and I want to fill my time with motorcycle pleasure for the next 4 days..

And considering it may rain, I may want to grab a bike friendly Hotel in an area of the UK where I'll have some fun riding for the rest of the week... I'd sure like a bit of help with that.. bike safe parking... proximity to the West/SW UK for 3ish days of riding... Not too expensive... I just need a shower and a quiet place to read in the evenings ... and a decent pub nearby :beer: Something I don't have to book... as if it's nice, I'll keep camping...

I'm booked into the Abercrave Inn for the course on Thursday Night...

Oh ya.. I also need a bike friendly place on the way to Folkestone for Saturday Night... I plan to take the train back over and ride home the next day... Don't fancy trying to make it all the way after getting beat up on the course the whole day...

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Al...

Al, try.. http://www.visitwales.co.uk for places to stay or ... http://www.walestouristsonline.co.uk

There are certainly plenty of B&Bs around Wales, I'm sure you'll find one.

I've just got home from a 225 mile ride around Wales & thoroughly enjoyed it, wish I could post some photos for you to see! :blast

I do like Holland, I did Veldhoven, Harlem & Amsterdam last year.

I'm sure the weather will be fine :augie in May & we'll all have a great time.

For Folkestone check out the 5 Travelodge hotels for a cheapo bed.

Also Al, be aware that the weekend of the 'meeting' is a Holiday weekend in England & Wales (Monday 7th is our Bank Holiday) so it could be (WILL be) busy. Our public holidays however are nowhere near as 'dead' as in France for example so you will still find fuel available & hotels will be open.

Mmm, I wonder if it was a wise decision to have a big run on a Bank Holiday weekend when every man & his dog, wife & 4 kids are heading to Wales in their caravan?
We'll see, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Phil.

I live about 11 miles from the meeting and Im going to the GS meeting in Holland over Easter. If your also going maybe we could have a chat about Wales.:beerjug:

I'd have loved to go to the GS meeting here... I actually drove down to last year's in Belgium, but when I got there, I'd found that I'd left all my luggage keys at home...:nenau . soo... I rode the 3 hours back again... and stayed...:tears

I'd also have loved to go down to Morocco with Steptoe...

But unfortunately I'm flying to Quebec to drink Canadian beer and commune with maple trees with my Wife's family for Easter... :cool:

Al...

Back
Top Bottom