Ireland 2024.

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thats our Ireland 2024 trip all booked. Just love the place so cant wait to go.

15th to 20th May...Dublin to Limerick, then a day of passes, Caha, Healy and Priests Leap ending up with an evening in Bantry. Then follow the Copper Coast route up to Waterford before another day on the coast back to Dublin. Thanks to members off this fine forum for some of the tips over previous years which I have included in this trip.

Some prices have gone through the roof, but amazingly the ferry has come down quite a bit with the early booking and my loyalty card points.

If not already included in your plans you should consider the Wicklow Mountains area on your way back up to Dublin. Was in that area earlier in the month - beautiful area with great roads & scenery.
20230928_145055.jpg20230928_174526.jpg20230929_095339.jpg

Copper coast is lovely, if you have a spare day the Greenway is definitely worth a go.

Which Greenway? Theres more than one apparently.
The Waterford Greenway which runs slightly inland of the Copper Coast. It runs from Waterford city to Dungarvan and is very picturesque the whole way. But if you can only spare half a day there is bicycle hire at Kilmacthomas and the ride to Dungarvan is spectacular - bus back.

The Waterford Greenway which runs slightly inland of the Copper Coast. It runs from Waterford city to Dungarvan and is very picturesque the whole way. But if you can only spare half a day there is bicycle hire at Kilmacthomas and the ride to Dungarvan is spectacular - bus back.
Thanks but definitely wont have time for that.....looks like its designed for cycles and walkers?

If not already included in your plans you should consider the Wicklow Mountains area on your way back up to Dublin. Was in that area earlier in the month - beautiful area with great roads & scenery.
View attachment 287889View attachment 287890View attachment 287891
99.8% sure bottom photo is a stage from Circuit of Ireland Rally - 1994 (we came DOWN that road) There were two stages run together - Sally Gap , and (excuse spelling) Aughavanna. Surprise surprise ... I was in a Cortina (Mk 1) ! funny how roads get imprinted on the mind .....................

Enjoy the trip, many regular haunts there for me. I still haven't done the priests leap yet though, to my shame. Hope to remedy that this year though. Good coffee and lovely pastries in Gourmet House in Bunmahon on the Copper Coast road.
If you can, do Healy pass south to north. Stop by the layby in front of the small building just before the summit, look back down at the road and take it all in... before you cross the summit into Kerry...

Enjoy the trip, many regular haunts there for me. I still haven't done the priests leap yet though, to my shame. Hope to remedy that this year though. Good coffee and lovely pastries in Gourmet House in Bunmahon on the Copper Coast road.
If you can, do Healy pass south to north. Stop by the layby in front of the small building just before the summit, look back down at the road and take it all in... before you cross the summit into Kerry...
Did that last year....we are doing North to South this time...then Caha Pass South to North and Priests Leap North to South.

Back
Top Bottom