Kent TRF - Info Please .....

JH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is still a functioning group.

Having looked online most searches return old entries, the TRF website's link to the Kent arm gave contact details via e-mail and I have tried to message them via 'group@' but have and no response. Some of these entries I have found suggest it has folded?

I seem to recall that they used to meet in the Pied Bull PH. I would like to confirm the exact details and speak with one of the group organisers before pitching up, so if anyone can assist with info I would be grateful. If there are any members here perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

(y)

Have you tried FB? I joined our local TRF but they did everything via FB which I'm not on so I gave up.

Have you tried FB? I joined our local TRF but they did everything via FB which I'm not on so I gave up.
Likewise - I do not and have no intention of going on to that type of social media. I'll hope for another solution - perhaps it is why they have trouble recruiting ? It does appear rather obscure.

Thanks for the response though.

Everything in the Dorset TRF that is not done directly at monthly meetings (very little) is organised via Facebook. If you are not on it, you are basically fucked.
Before my time, I think it used to be done via a forum on the national website, but no one really used it, and the Facebook page gets used a lot more and it works well for most people.

Does anyone know if this is still a functioning group.

Having looked online most searches return old entries, the TRF website's link to the Kent arm gave contact details via e-mail and I have tried to message them via 'group@' but have and no response. Some of these entries I have found suggest it has folded?

I seem to recall that they used to meet in the Pied Bull PH. I would like to confirm the exact details and speak with one of the group organisers before pitching up, so if anyone can assist with info I would be grateful. If there are any members here perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

(y)
I live in Sevenoaks and know most of the lanes. Drop me a message if you want to get out and ride.

If you e mail the TYRF national office they should be able to help :
Majesty - Thanks it made me explore the site again which eventually led me to a point of contact, although it was not obvious, but nonetheless it was there. There is so much old stuff still on the internet relating to TRF when searching with diverts you.
Everything in the Dorset TRF that is not done directly at monthly meetings (very little) is organised via Facebook. If you are not on it, you are basically fucked.
Before my time, I think it used to be done via a forum on the national website, but no one really used it, and the Facebook page gets used a lot more and it works well for most people.
Cookie - I know this is the modern way - I just don't want to be a part of SM. Fortunately a good buddy who is going to also partake is braver than I so he'll have to be the PoC.
I live in Sevenoaks and know most of the lanes. Drop me a message if you want to get out and ride.
Grant - Thanks at present I'm looking for an appropriate bike, one of the reasons I wanted to pop along to the TRF in case any sorted bikes were coming up for sale. Then I will be returned to off roading after a few years of absence. Once sorted I'll PM you

Thanks all for your helpful responses. I have found a contact number and am sorted. (y)

Cookie - I know this is the modern way - I just don't want to be a part of SM. Fortunately a good buddy who is going to also partake is braver than I so he'll have to be the PoC.
Funnily enough, my main riding buddy has very similar views to you on this matter and refused to go on Facebook. I basically fed any FB matters of interest back to him. Not that much of a fag for me, but it did mean he was working with an inbuilt delay, so, for instance, getting on rides advertised on FB, forwarded by me, answered back to me and then me replying for him, often did not produce a successful outcome for him.

He's on Facebook now. His own decision, I didn't nag him. He really only uses it for for TRF business and we are both happier for it.

Funnily enough, my main riding buddy has very similar views to you on this matter and refused to go on Facebook. I basically fed any FB matters of interest back to him. Not that much of a fag for me, but it did mean he was working with an inbuilt delay, so, for instance, getting on rides advertised on FB, forwarded by me, answered back to me and then me replying for him, often did not produce a successful outcome for him.

He's on Facebook now. His own decision, I didn't nag him. He really only uses it for for TRF business and we are both happier for it.
:unsure: - Mmmmm.

Thanks again.

I'm with you JH. A friend suggested creating a private FB page (whatever that is) to allow me to access my local TRF group stuff but I'm just not interested in going on FB so have no way of finding out for myself what they're up to. It strikes me as short sighted by them but I would say that and it obviously works for most of their members. Maybe it's an age thing, I'm over 60 and I'm guessing that the people who give up their time sorting TRF stuff out are much younger.
As a result of the way the TRF work and a recent ankle op. I have a lovely little WR250R with aluminium panniers that's not been out of the garage for 18 months.

I used to be a member of Kent TRF, but many years ago and left when I moved back to Somerset in 1999. However, contact Steve Neville, I doubt he's moved from Gravesend and was one of the mainstays of the Kent group, now something official in TRF corporate. There's no link to Steve, but I'm sure an email to their general email would put you in touch. Sand yes, monthly meetings at the Pied Bull back in the day

Back
Top Bottom