Love a GSA again, but space is an issue….

tunnie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I had a GS before, I sold it for various reasons. I’ve since done an extension and lost 70% of my garage. :blast

I’ve an inch for a GSA, previously out of my price range, on the previous purchase.

My issue is garage space, I’m thinking I can *just* fit it in sideways. Eg across the garage. (Width) - It won’t go back far enough to drive in as per before. It would need to go sideways.

Anyone else done this? Garage converted but only a storage area at the front? Big enough for a GS?

I’ve measured it. Even with a set of shelves on one side I have 2.1m space from the wall. So thinking even on side with shelves it could still squeeze in.

Or am I dreaming?

Have a look at Constands or similar. I have fitted high level cupboards all around the garage and my centre stand stand allows me to push it side ways to fit under these. I think you’ll manage.

Barry

Albeit I ride in, then push it sideways.

Attachments

• 053D2180-121A-4782-9796-B8EA229531BC.jpeg
    053D2180-121A-4782-9796-B8EA229531BC.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 39
Have a look at Constands or similar. I have fitted high level cupboards all around the garage and my centre stand stand allows me to push it side ways to fit under these. I think you’ll manage.

Barry

Love this forum. Always did! So useful.

Many thanks, I’d seen some basic stands but not like that where it lifts it. Niiice! Reasonable price as well

Yep allows you to manoeuvre it relatively easily. I line it up then rotate the front wheel by pushing down at the back then pushing the back in next (rather than trying to push whilst balancing on stand.

Barry

Yep allows you to manoeuvre it relatively easily. I line it up then rotate the front wheel by pushing down at the back then pushing the back in next (rather than trying to push whilst balancing on stand.

Barry
Many thanks. Think I’ll need to get some carpet like you have, to smooth out the bumps!

I have the Constands dolly which I've used on my GS and now my RS. The positioning of the centre stand on the dolly is important to prevent the centre stand operating arm from getting in the way of the locking arm of the dolly when you come to get it off, you'd only need to push the front end in first then push the back end towards the wall. I found it a lot easier (and cheaper) to move the bike around on than an Abbastand
20221201_143806.jpg

If your wife is pleased with the extension ask her if you could park it in the living room

I have the Constands dolly which I've used on my GS and now my RS. The positioning of the centre stand on the dolly is important to prevent the centre stand operating arm from getting in the way of the locking arm of the dolly when you come to get it off, you'd only need to push the front end in first then push the back end towards the wall. I found it a lot easier (and cheaper) to move the bike around on than an Abbastand
View attachment 303844
Thanks, will look at the Abbastand

If your wife is pleased with the extension ask her if you could park it in the living room
I once suggested an engine as a coffee table, as I thought they looked good. I did not get very far in the approval process :D

Don't suppose anyone has any photos of a GS sidewides in a garage? Just so I can see how much space there is? My concern with these various lifts, is those little wheels will get stuck on my garage floor/lip/block pave driveway. I think they would have to be very smooth.

I'd appreciate any photos, as to test if a GS would fit myself I'd have to empty half the garage, plus the fact I have no bike and probably need to blag a test ride on something to try it.

Thanks, will look at the Abbastand
If you just want to move the bike around rather than use the lift to work on your bike the constand is far better than the Abbastand is IMO anx takes up less space both on and off the bike. I bought the Abbastand, but sold it not long after as it was more difficult to move around the garage than the constands. Because of the design the Abbastand crabs when you try to pull or push the bike in a sraight line as it tries to pivot around the vertical lifting assembly on the left hand side of the bike and in my garage the concrete floor isn't mirror smooth so it's small hard casters tended to get stuck. I also had a bit of an accident when I hadn't fitted the adapter bobbins correctly, luckily nothing was damaged but I decided it wasn't for me and luckily I'd kept the constands dolly.

If you just want to move the bike around rather than use the lift to work on your bike the constand is far better than the Abbastand is IMO anx takes up less space both on and off the bike. I bought the Abbastand, but sold it not long after as it was more difficult to move around the garage than the constands. Because of the design the Abbastand crabs when you try to pull or push the bike in a sraight line as it tries to pivot around the vertical lifting assembly on the left hand side of the bike and in my garage the concrete floor isn't mirror smooth so it's small hard casters tended to get stuck. I also had a bit of an accident when I hadn't fitted the adapter bobbins correctly, luckily nothing was damaged but I decided it wasn't for me and luckily I'd kept the constands dolly.

Thanks, yes it is for moving rather than service. I'd visit Steptoe for the tinkering! Think I would try the austin powers style parking then see if that's not do-able to get a stand.

1707055111618.jpeg

Thanks, yes it is for moving rather than service. I'd visit Steptoe for the tinkering! Think I would try the austin powers style parking then see if that's not do-able to get a stand.

View attachment 303846
Your garage would only need to be slightly wider than the GSA is long as you coukd put it on the constand on say the RHS of your garage with the front facing the back wall then push it front first into the LH corner at an angle then just push the back end in up against your rear wall. Getting it out would be the reverse proceedure.

Back
Top Bottom