Malliag any info

smally

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have decided this year to maybe stop in Malliag for the night but it seems to be bereft of any sort of accommodation? A few hotels but thats all. Any help? Any craic or is it just a jumping off point for the ferry? Any suggestion gladly received .

Spent a night there quite a few years ago now - stayed in a B&B ( can't remember the name) & we had a good night in a local pub - worth going there for the ride up the A830 if nothing else tho.

There are a number of hotels and B n B’s in the village but some will be closed by this time of the year

It's a lovely ride from Fort Bill to Mallaig. You do go past some fabulous scenery (the White Sands of Morar, Arisaig, Glenfinnan). The road is a pretty good motorcycle road too! I've stayed round there a couple of times, but in my Camper. There's a really good chippy that does proper seafood and chips for a fraction of what you would expect to pay. I only remember one of the pubs, and it was OK. As you say many folk in the pub are jumping-off to other places by boat.
If you get a small boat to Inverie on Knoydart, that's a real gem! The Old Forge pub is legendary. At Inverie you will find a campsite (honesty box IIRC) and a bunkhouse, or some quite smart B&B's.... Only worth going as a foot passenger unless you're fancying some offroading - there is very little tarmac on Knoydart!

Back
Top Bottom