Mickey Oates Motorcycles

Anyone ever go to Motolux in (Iirc) West Scotland Street Lane.? They sold vintage Indians. Rick Partington (?) who became a journalist on Classic Bike worked there and the owner was once the lead singer of The Rezillos.

Anyone ever go to Motolux in (Iirc) West Scotland Street Lane.? They sold vintage Indians. Rick Partington (?) who became a journalist on Classic Bike worked there and the owner was once the lead singer of The Rezillos.

Alan Forbes, aka Eugene Reynolds. The second last time I saw him was when he was at the NEC show with the Indian Dakota 4 that he was aiming to put into series production until
he was sued by Polaris over who had legal title to the Indian trade name. The last time I saw him we had lunch in Edinburgh to discuss production methods

Way back in the mid 70's, when he was at Edinburgh Art College, Alan was the drummer in Ken Powrie's college band which also featured Joe Callis, who went on to play with Human League, on guitar. At the time, I was doing roadie duties for an Art College modern jazz quarter called Jobsworth. One evening we had to borrow a bass drum from Alan. Cue him driving me around Edinburgh perched in the single rear seat of his Messerschmitt 3 wheeler, cradling a bass drum.

Back
Top Bottom