MOBITEC AND PAT...Goodfellas

robeekay67

Yer man Pat completed my 42 k service last week. bike runs totally sweet. hes an enthusiast and obviously a skilled mechanic. he's not the cheapest but i'd still rather see him get my cash than other official delaers i could mention!!

oh, he also stated they are already geared up to service the r1200gs and any work completed by them will not affect your warrenty. and the best bit, having them collect and deliver your bike in a ruddy great big truck in rush hour traffic in central london.....well it had me grinning.

http://www.mobilemotorcycleservicing.com/HomeFrameHorz.htm

good luck to Mobitec......they get my vote.

I have used Pat/Mobitec for servicing and waranty work. No complaints here. in fact I owe him a beer or two after the last time he helped me out.:beerjug:

robeekay67 said:
oh, he also stated they are already geared up to service the r1200gs

So Pat's going to attend one of the 2 day training sessions run by BMW, I don't think so!!!

PL1 ring him then!

how very very bitchy PL1!!!

hows about you call him and ask him yourself ? i dont get the feeling Pat is the sort of man to bullsh++ people.

he makes his living from servicing bmw bikes and has a real passion for his job so i don't think he' s the sort of man to make rash statements. add to the fact his last service knocked spots off any one an official grease monkey has done. nuff said.

then and again, thats my view.

Re: Re: MOBITEC AND PAT...Goodfellas

PL1 said:
So Pat's going to attend one of the 2 day training sessions run by BMW, I don't think so!!!
You wouldn't happen to be an official MBW dealer by any chance would you ?

Those wouldn't be sour grapes by any chance would they ?

:yikes Holly S*#t you've blown my cover!!

Its not "sourer grapes", I just thought you should be aware that Pat doesn't have a GT1 tester in the back of his van, he hasn't been on any BMW technicial update meetings since he left the dealer network and as a result wont be up to speed on the R1200GS. So his claim of being able to service the new R1200GS may only extend to a simple oil change.

Sorry that should be sour, not sourer. Glad this isn't a spelling test

PL1 said:
Pat doesn't have a GT1 tester in the back of his van, he hasn't been on any BMW technicial update meetings since he left the dealer network and as a result wont be up to speed on the R1200GS.

....and he'll still probably do a better job than most BMW-trained mechanics...

back stab me up baby!

So his claim of being able to service the new R1200GS may only extend to a simple oil change.

guess what, my experience of official grease monkies is that they consistently get the oil level wrong when they refill the bike.

and guess what again.....pat got it right! so there you go.

from this ive deduced if pat only gets a simple oil change right then thats one more thing you offical greasers have ever done! ha

so guess where im going for my next service and the next one and the next one after that........:D

big mouth again!

oh hang on lets shoot here..PL..that could be Park Lane....???? if so, before you go bitching your piece, hows about you take time out to address all those critisms people have posted about your set up? far more useful don't you think. and if you're not park lane, my apologies to the innocents.

funny really. last summer went to Park Lane to discuss a new beemer with them..i think it was a snitzer special the dealer ship were going to offer later last year. so anyway, after being ignored for eons, someone finally pays attention to me and then takes my name , number etc and promises to call me on any news, good or bad...well, best i didnt hold my breath! still waiting! pay peanuts............

PL1

Check the profile......motorcycle sales manager

nuff said

Allow me to fill in a few of the gaps left by PL1 who is no doubt hanging his head in shame by now:

- under EU competition law it has been illegal since October last year for independent car or bike workshops like Mobitec to be unfairly disadvantaged by manufacturers. Yes, my friends, the era of dealer networks having a monopoly on servicing is over!!BMW GB are legally obliged to sell Pat the same "official" training and diagnostic equipment that the franchised dealers get. The same law also says Pat can do warranty work and scheduled servicing without invalidating your warranty.

- even before this law came in Pat was doing warranty work thanks to an arrangement with Vines of Guildford, and no doubt getting all the info he needs on new bikes. (Vines have been subcontracting work to Pat - they're not the first dealer to - where else are you going to go to get the job done when there's an acute shortage of technicians with Pat's experience? He's not just any old mechanic - he built a BMW R1100RS race bike and rode it to victory in the British Endurance Racing Championship! There's a chapter about him in a history of racing beemers whose title escapes me. )

- Pat doesn't need a GT1 because he has a very nice BMW Moditec diagnostic gizmo thank you. The GT1 is the replacement for the Moditec...but the only enhancement it offers is Bluetooth wireless gizmology for multiple workstations...wahey.

Now then, if we were being bitchy we could point out that Park Lane's stellar technicians are from....well, PL1 knows where they're from. But let's not lower the tone by being bitchy! Everyone deserves a second chance.

Hooray for the EU I say. A nice level playing field, giving the official dealers every chance of rising to Pat's standards one day!

Eurostar said:
- Pat doesn't need a GT1 because he has a very nice BMW Moditec diagnostic gizmo thank you. The GT1 is the replacement for the Moditec...but the only enhancement it offers is Bluetooth wireless gizmology for multiple workstations...wahey.
Now come on Eurostar you can't epect a Sales Manager to know all of that :rolleyes: Further as anyone knows if your stuff and your services are good you have absolutely no need to slag off the competition... now maybe that's why I don't see many posts from Pat and heaven forbid Jim Cray doesn't even have a web site!!! :D

eurostar you rock!

as a man who has suffered countless gobsh=== services by alleged official mechanics your words have brought a very big smile to my face!

happy days

Mobitec are an excellent outfit and I have recieved nothing but the best of treatment from Pat Keenan over the last 4 years of GS ownership. It all began with a chance meeting at Park West when Pat was working there and his enthusiasm and interest in the customer made me a loyal follower.
He spotted the need for a mobile service to cater with our wonderful cities traffic mess and has gone on in leaps and bounds since then.
I and many others are more than pleased with his technical know-how but more importantly, his attitude and care.
Lets keep supporting the good service providers and listening to the thunder of the sales bull$hit merchants, at least it provides some entertainment on the long dark evenings...
The Other Pat.

and the new boy Steve.....

Mobitec Pat is The Man..........not the cheapest but the best by
a long way, He is an ace technician and he understands the idea of customer service, a concept alien to most BMW dealers in this part of the world. Hope your ears are burning at Park Lane.
Just had my annual service done by the new boy Steve and he seems to understand too.
These guys are good and they don't mess around.
M

Ah hah - the Pat Keenan Fan Club!

Me too, I'm afraid. He drove round to the back of my house a few months ago and I watched him service my bike (24K jobbie). Took 3 hours from start to finish (not that he was rushing).

Pleasant chap, job well done, happy customer. Yes, he's not cheap, but neither am I if I want the job done properly.

Cheers, Norm

I’ve never had my bike serviced by Pat (my fault for living so far away) but I do know Pat (and the other Pat) quite well having ridden with him on a number of events over the last few years. I know him to be a great guy to be around, an excellent mechanic and a gifted rider who is always ready to help anyone in trouble.

Anyone who can ride his 1150GS into an Irish river crossing without first checking to see how deep it was gets my vote, especially when he quickly found out it was about 4ft deep! He wasn’t the only one to test the water in this supposed ford but he was on the biggest bike!

Another good friend, Liam, used to hold the record for the quickest crash after starting and event – about 3ft – a wheelie for the press photographer that didn’t go quite to plan, but Pat soon beat that, a year of two later he managed to crash while riding to the start line, he’s a star and rarely without a smile.

And just to backup the earlier post, the local independent BMW service centre that sorts out my car has a more advanced BMW diagnostic computer set-up than the local franchised dealer. He sorted a problem with my 525 TDS that the dealer couldn’t find; the only downside is that he rides a Foggy Replica Ducati.

Back
Top Bottom