Navigator V….. is holding its value

Scotch-Alex

Reaction score
I have noticed that the Navigator V is holding its price on auction sites for sale. Many are fetching £250+ some nearly £300 mark.

Maybe this is something to do with the reliability of the Navigator 6. So supply & demand.

=====

Moved from the Travel section.

Title amended, so bods might get a clue as to what the opening post and subsequent thread was about.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s 100% about that. I’d be surprised if anybody’s daft enough to pay £300 but £200 is not uncommon.

I’d guess the price of Nav5s will fall significantly quite soon as Garmin are now in the process of replacing the dodgy Nav6s with the new version with different screen technology.

It’s 100% about that. I’d be surprised if anybody’s daft enough to pay £300 but £200 is not uncommon.

I’d guess the price of Nav5s will fall significantly quite soon as Garmin are now in the process of replacing the dodgy Nav6s with the new version with different screen technology.
I had thought exactly that!
Was in the process of thinking of a NAV5 for the 2024 Euro trips, but then the CAP screen on the NAV6 came out, now I:m waiting for my new CAP NAV6 to arrive...

I bought a nav6 off here recently and it froze on me at the weekend in the map view whilst riding.

Is that one of the known issues?

Will try again next weekend if it happens again is it a return to sender? or will BMW/Garmin help (is good condition but no receipt)

I bought a nav6 off here recently and it froze on me at the weekend in the map view whilst riding.

Is that one of the known issues?

Will try again next weekend if it happens again is it a return to sender? or will BMW/Garmin help (is good condition but no receipt)

Name and shame the villain and then round-up a tooled-up posse, with burning pitchforks. It’s the only language they understand :D

PS There are enough posts on the forum and / or news on the internet, to tell you that the Navigator VI is not Garmin / BMW’s greatest triumph.

:beerjug:

Name and shame the villain and then round-up a tooled-up posse, with burning pitchforks. It’s the only language they understand :D

PS There are enough posts on the forum and / or news on the internet, to tell you that the Navigator VI is not Garmin / BMW’s greatest triumph.

:beerjug:
Would have bought a new XT if it wasnt for the control wheel function missing , i probably should have just done anyway. I spoke to Garmin on a web chat, they will relieve me of £170 for a exchange reconditioned unit with 90 day guarantee, as have no proof of purchase and this unit is manufactured 2021.
Chucking good money after bad no doubt!

Have you tried contacting the seller on the forum, to see if they might still have the proof of purchase?

Have you tried contacting the seller on the forum, to see if they might still have the proof of purchase?
I did mention a problem to seller, no offer to send it back was forthcoming, said i will try again next weekend and report back, no receipt was mentioned i think the nav was included on a sh bike they bought (possible alarm bells as to why orig owner didnt want) and never used by gser seller. I’ll have a think about whether i want to ask for a refund, its heading that way.

Back
Top Bottom