New bike ordered

New in the forum here, picking up a 1250 GSA on Wednesday. Wasn't overly impressed with the 1300 and the price difference from the 1300 GS to the new 1300 GSA is going to hurt. So now selling the 2008 GSA, so sad, such a great bike with a bullet proof motor. Also with 50K miles on the clock the motor just purrs. Anyway looking forward to the new 1250 and the adventures it will provide

I always like reading about folks 'bike/model' choice, it's always interesting and often thought provoking because it's such a personal thing. Much is also about specs and measurements and based on your biking 'ideal'. But for me experiences count most, take this morning .. I am frequently engrossed in 'the next bike thought process', I am a 'biking butterfly', but this morning I rode into work in heavy traffic, torrential rain on a mixture of roads from 'broken back roads' to flooded motorway. When I arrived I jumped off the bike and thought 'there is no way I am giving this bike up, how many bikes could have taken me on that ride in so much comfort and safety!'

It's when a bike feels like it is there for you and on your side that you feel it most ... a GSA R1250 BTW

I hope you enjoy your time on it (y)

So just to follow up, I miss my old 2008 GSA BUT the new 2024 one is definitely worth the jump. 120 miles in and so much to like about the bike. I still have sports/track bike head on my shoulders so I miss dropping anchor and tipping it in on my RSV4 Factory but this bike is just so useable on the road. Trying (I stress trying) to keep the revs under 4500 till I crack 200 miles but even so it is so usable in low gears and low revs with the torque it is still fun to ride. I can see this is definitely going to take me places! Now I guess its time to read the user manual so I actually know how it all works.

Congratulations a great bike , as others have said , it’s about what you want . My 1250’s were awesome and gave me many miles of unadulterated pleasure . Got the 13 now but the 1250 is as good and a great choice , not sure about the GS A bit as always had Gs , well done 👍

Congratulations a great bike , as others have said , it’s about what you want . My 1250’s were awesome and gave me many miles of unadulterated pleasure . Got the 13 now but the 1250 is as good and a great choice , not sure about the GS A bit as always had Gs , well done 👍
Thanks.

I will correct myself, I did like the 1300. My situation was I need the range, so the tank and suspension were the most important considerations for me on this bike. I just need a tractor that goes everywhere from this bike.

I think the 1300 offering a more sporty a ride will definitely tempt new riders in to trading in their old street orientated sports for a more all round bike. It feels like they have incorporated a bit of the R9T geometry into the new 1300, but obviously with more pick up. The new suspension, automated lowering suspension and electronic screen I think are great products but not relevant to me.

My main thought process is that if I want a sportier bike I'd personally by a second sportier bike, but that's just me. For all those that like the GS as an all round touring bike, now with more tech and sportiness thrown in, that can also take you down single track/gravel roads in comfort and even further into back country every now and again, the 1300 is an absolute winner! (If I ignore the light :LOL:)

So just to follow up, I miss my old 2008 GSA BUT the new 2024 one is definitely worth the jump. 120 miles in and so much to like about the bike. I still have sports/track bike head on my shoulders so I miss dropping anchor and tipping it in on my RSV4 Factory but this bike is just so useable on the road. Trying (I stress trying) to keep the revs under 4500 till I crack 200 miles but even so it is so usable in low gears and low revs with the torque it is still fun to ride. I can see this is definitely going to take me places! Now I guess its time to read the user manual so I actually know how it all works.

Congrats, The 1250 GSA is a great bike. sure the 1300 is too but for some different reasons.

Thanks.

I will correct myself, I did like the 1300. My situation was I need the range, so the tank and suspension were the most important considerations for me on this bike. I just need a tractor that goes everywhere from this bike.

I think the 1300 offering a more sporty a ride will definitely tempt new riders in to trading in their old street orientated sports for a more all round bike. It feels like they have incorporated a bit of the R9T geometry into the new 1300, but obviously with more pick up. The new suspension, automated lowering suspension and electronic screen I think are great products but not relevant to me.

My main thought process is that if I want a sportier bike I'd personally by a second sportier bike, but that's just me. For all those that like the GS as an all round touring bike, now with more tech and sportiness thrown in, that can also take you down single track/gravel roads in comfort and even further into back country every now and again, the 1300 is an absolute winner! (If I ignore the light :LOL:)
For me I concluded after a good ride on the new GS13 that it had more of what I didn't want in a GS, so bought a 1250 GSA instead,

Sensible man, hope you enjoy the new bike. I'm another where the 1300 just doesn't do it for me. It's departed from the better looks of the 1200/1250's imho, and has lost something of their comfort and slightly lazier more relaxed riding. I'd be happy with another low miles 1200GSA or a newer 1250 but for now am very content with my 1200RS. Cracking bikes.

Back
Top Bottom