NEW GOLDWING GOING BACK :-(

Tiring and sad day. Pretty miserable now. Not helped by an unhappy sales manager. Zero apology for the bike and its issues. Made me feel like it was somehow my fault the bike was being returned.

The best comment of the day was 'we'll investigate the bike and get back to you with our findings'. My response was "does that missing paint there need investigating? Can't you see it?" It's like there's a plan to somehow see if the dodgy paint can pinned to my chest. Maybe thats not the case but thats how he made me feel. Appreciate it's a lost sale for them right now but why make the customer feel bad? How do they think that's going to end? He told me they won't have time to look at it for a week. Ridiculous. So I think I can work out where this is heading, me being a rocket scientist n'all. 🥸

e303a77bdb145ef50fc27a9e68b4a104.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s appalling, I really feel for you. But you’re doing the right thing, and it seems that the dealer is now showing their true colours.

Tiring and sad day. Pretty miserable now. Not helped by an unhappy sales manager. Zero apology for the bike and its issues. Made me feel like it was somehow my fault the bike was being returned.

The best comment of the day was 'we'll investigate the bike and get back to you with our findings'. My response was "does that missing paint there need investigating? Can't you see it?" It's like there's a plan to somehow see if the dodgy paint can pinned to my chest. Maybe thats not the case but thats how he made me feel. Appreciate it's a lost sale for them right now but why make the customer feel bad? How do they think that's going to end? He told me they won't have time to look at it for a week. Ridiculous. So I think I can work out where this is heading, me being a rocket scientist n'all. 🥸

e303a77bdb145ef50fc27a9e68b4a104.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of dealers are arses
They could make a problem into a solution....but they don't

Rejection letter by recorded delivery
Move on

Sorry to hear that Wheels are not being shall we say sympathetic /helpful, seems their true colours as you say can be anticipated in true Rocket Scientist style.
Don't wait for them just reject it now and tell them what you want. Call your legal cover provider, start the ball rolling and state in your written rejection what the legal situation is and that you expect them to act within the law in a given time scale as the legal process will kick off at that point if they do not. There are times to be nice and times when kicking ass is the only way and it seems IMHO waiting will only complicate the situation. I feel for you mate, good luck.

The best comment of the day was 'we'll investigate the bike and get back to you with our findings'. My response was "does that missing paint there need investigating? Can't you see it?" It's like there's a plan to somehow see if the dodgy paint can pinned to my chest. Maybe thats not the case but thats how he made me feel. Appreciate it's a lost sale for them right now but why make the customer feel bad? How do they think that's going to end? He told me they won't have time to look at it for a week. Ridiculous. So I think I can work out where this is heading, me being a rocket scientist n'all. ��

Nothing wrong with their response - Why would they commit to anything without viewing themselves?

Nothing wrong with their response - Why would they commit to anything without viewing themselves?

I tend to agree TBH. Wheels would always need a little time surely. They will want the Honda Area manager to see it ideally, or buzz him/her some pics for discussion.

Is the SM at Peterborough still Martin Colegate?

Chris. A week may be a reasonable timeframe. They will probably want to involve the Honda rep and it may take a few days to get him/her to feed info back to Honda HQ.

I tend to agree TBH. Wheels would always need a little time surely. They will want the Honda Area manager to see it ideally, or buzz him/her some pics for discussion.

It’s solely between the shop and customer. If the shop want to involve Honda that’s bye the bye. Don’t agree to anything that muddys the water. JJH

Chris. A week may be a reasonable timeframe. They will probably want to involve the Honda rep and it may take a few days to get him/her to feed info back to Honda HQ.

Steve, of course a week is a reasonable timeframe to resolve this. But he told me it would take a week just to get it in the workshop to inspect it. Inspect what? The head paint is coming off. It's pretty obvious what's wrong and why I've rejected it. Not sure why this is a difficult concept really :blast

It’s solely between the shop and customer. If the shop want to involve Honda that’s bye the bye. Don’t agree to anything that muddys the water. JJH

That's true, but if I were them I'd be all over Honda with this. As much as they can. It's not Wheels fault, but you're right, it's a dealer/customer matter.

Agreed and yes.

I may be wrong but I think youll find any action on a vehicle this new will involve Honda.

Fair enough. It's a point of view with merit. I would say though if you've followed this short (getting longer) thread, you'll see the issue. The legal position is clear as day, they've contracted to deliver a bike to a standard and it falls short, end of. I'm not prepared to accept a botched repair or major engine works on a £30k bike.

That’s appalling, I really feel for you. But you’re doing the right thing, and it seems that the dealer is now showing their true colours.

Let's wait and see. Actually I have no choice :D

Fair enough. It's a point of view with merit. I would say though if you've followed this short (getting longer) thread, you'll see the issue. The legal position is clear as day, they've contracted to deliver a bike to a standard and it falls short, end of. I'm not prepared to accept a botched repair or major engine works on a £30k bike.

Bloody sure I wouldn't be sending you your money back based on photos. They need to inspect the bike. You just need to make it clear in writing, that you are not returning it for any sort of remedial action - you are returning for full refund on a rejected bike (include all the books with the bike).

Bloody sure I wouldn't be sending you your money back based on photos. They need to inspect the bike. You just need to make it clear in writing, that you are not returning it for any sort of remedial action - you are returning for full refund on a rejected bike (include all the books with the bike).

"Bloody sure I wouldn't be sending you your money back based on photos. They need to inspect the bike."

Yep, agreed. That's why I've taken it back.

"You just need to make it clear in writing, that you are not returning it for any sort of remedial action - you are returning for full refund on a rejected bike (include all the books with the bike)"

Done. But with take the advice to send a note by recorded delivery. Seems prudent.

I'm really hoping Wheels make things easy. That way they retain a customer - this was my second new bike from them. Would be truly stupid in my view to lose any paying customers right now!

The only fly in the ointment is Wheels. Honda will support the rejection. Wheels doesn’t seem to be customer focussed. My son nearly bought a bike from them when he lived in Peterborough but changed his mind at the last moment as the salesman was a “cockwomble “ apparently, what ever one of those is.
He went in to sign up for the bike in uniform (police) and all he got from the salesman was piss taking and his views that the police are wankers.

Sadly when things go wrong is when a dealer"s true colours are displayed, which has happened to a number of bikers I know with that dealer. They are a multi-franchise dealer for which reputation should mean a lot, but it does not seem to judging by the experiences of others. They called me a liar when I asked them to beat the deal on a Guzzi recently via another dealer.

Back
Top Bottom