New GSA snapped front indicator

scorpio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Unfortunately walking past the bike yesterday and caught the front left indicator and it snapped. In for first service in two weeks. BMW or can I get a replacement anywhere else?

That’s a pain - let the dealer know - Bhanstormers I suspect - and get them to fit at first service - they will not stock them - but can source in 24 hours.

is it a 2021 model? with the runing lights in the indicators?

The 2020 ones (just indicators) are available at Aliexpress for about £15/pair and are identical to the OEM ones - don't ask me how I know ;-)

All dealers keep them as they get snapped off so often (in the showrooms), the front ones are a bit of a pain to fit as part of the beak needs removed to get at the wiring (I did it in a hotel carpark in Austria after someone snapped a front one off my bike on the Hull ferry) , once fixed get a set of indicator protectors , £20 odd each from wunderlich or £18.00 for a set of four from China and fitted in 10 minutes

Attachments

• indicator protectors.jpg
    indicator protectors.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 509
they wont keep these if its a 21 model,currently on backorder

My bike still hasn't arrived but I have a question.
As I can see, the front indicators are rigid so they can easily snap. Installing protection seems good solution.
Are the rigid ones are installed at the rear of the bike too?

Although new it’s not a 2021 but the last one of the current model. Just ordered protectors. Looked at ordering replacements from the link but it states 16th December. Looks like one from Bahnstormers.

motobins/motoworks may be worth a try, they are always breaking bikes and may have just what you need, I beleive the indicator is common across several modles

I bought a Chinese copy, looked the same but wasn't...far from it. Got my money back via eBay dispute (advertised as bona fide) and bought the real thing.

All dealers keep them as they get snapped off so often (in the showrooms), the front ones are a bit of a pain to fit as part of the beak needs removed to get at the wiring (I did it in a hotel carpark in Austria after someone snapped a front one off my bike on the Hull ferry) , once fixed get a set of indicator protectors , £20 odd each from wunderlich or £18.00 for a set of four from China and fitted in 10 minutes

which panels did you have to remove?
(asking for a Friend!!)

I bought a Chinese copy, looked the same but wasn't...far from it. Got my money back via eBay dispute (advertised as bona fide) and bought the real thing.

Yep - bought 3 different Chinese ones and non of hem fitted (front or rear)....

Back
Top Bottom