RichieM

Reaction score
Hi
Sorry to start my membership with a request for advice.
I've got a R100gs.
I was having front brake issues in that the front caliper wasn't releasing properly.
So far I have replaced the caliper seals and O ring, fitted a stainless brake line. Replaced the master cylinder piston etc. I've cleaned out the master cylinder and the fluid return hole which was blocked.
My problem now is that I can't get any pressure at the lever. I have primed and bled the system every which way. There are no leaks. I burped the master cylinder and there seems pressure there with my thumb blocking the outlet.The pads are moving but just no pressure and the lever is coming back to the bar. I'm sure there is no air in the system.
Any ideas

If I were you I would copy and paste and ask the question in the ‘Airheads’ section, if you haven’t done so already. Many members probably don’t look in this section. Welcome by the way!

Thanks.
I will give it a try.
I took the plunge and bought a new master cylinder. I'm just waiting to find the time to fit it. I spoke to a guy who said not to use full lever strokes when bleeding.?

I took the plunge and bought a new master cylinder. I'm just waiting to find the time to fit it. I spoke to a guy who said not to use full lever strokes when bleeding.?
If it's a new master cylinder you will be fine using full lever strokes.
What he was probably referring to was using full strokes on an old master cylinder. It's considered not wise to do this on an old one as it means the cylinder piston will travel past its normal range, this can cause damage to the seal.

Hi Richie,
Welcome to the forum (y)
However, i cannot answer your question.

Some people break things, some people fix them.... i fall into the first category unfortunately :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom