Newbie gs owner questions

Sorry, as above you need the adapter plate (I recently sold my vario topbox with the adapter plate) They tend to get left on the bike when they're sold, maybe because they don't have the original plate anymore.

Here's what you need

It might be an idea to see if your local dealer has any they've removed from a used GS knocking around, failing that they usually go for about £50 used if you're prepared to wait

Good luck.
And make sure it comes with the two longer bolts

Hi everyone, not so much a newbie question but my take on my first ride on my new to me 18 reg 1200gs rally,
Let's just say I was a bit apprehensive before I fired her up as thoughts had been going through my head " will the gear box be agricultural ! , will the shift assist work etc" mainly due to reading to many post's on this forum.
Any way I shouldn't have worried the gear box was as smooth as any Japanese bike I've owned apart from the clunk in to first.
The shift assist was a revelation and I soon got the hang of it :) , I thought the suspension was a bit mediocre in road but once I went in to dynamic the suspension was a lot better.
So up to now I'm glad I've gone down the gs route, only time will tell regarding the reliability.
Thanks,
Ian.

Attachments

• 20240229_104929.jpg
    20240229_104929.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom