OEX Etna

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Cracking little burner is the tiny OEX Etna! :clap
I needed a small, lightweight folding burner to fit into my Bushcraft Store titanium mug to save me carrying my MSR Windburner when I go out on my emtb. After a quick search about I came across the OEX Etna in Go Outdoors. £30 normally but if you have a discount card it’s £10! :thumb2 The burner is absolutely brilliant, tiny and powerful. The 3 pan supports twist up and down and are very stable. For the price I wasn’t expecting it to be very good but I was completely wrong!:thumb2IMG_3055.jpegIMG_3056.jpegIMG_3057.jpegIMG_3058.jpegIMG_3059.jpegIMG_3060.jpegIMG_3061.jpegIMG_3062.jpeg

These look like a good alternative (and much cheaper) to something like, a Pocket Rocket.

These look like a good alternative (and much cheaper) to something like, a Pocket Rocket.
Most likely both made in the same building - Just leaving out MSR's 800% mark-up.

Most likely both made in the same building - Just leaving out MSR's 800% mark-up.

Or just copied by someone entirely different.

A Google search turns up several alternative versions of this type of burner. One on Amazon sells for £15. Lord knows if it’s any good. At least with Amazon you might stand a fighting chance of returning it for a refund if it’s junk.

I took my little Etna out for its first excursion today. It performed impeccably obvs. :thumb2

Yes a great bit of kit, I bought mine from GO a few years ago as a standby for Scotland. We ended up using that rather than the fuel stove we had.

I have an Optimus Crux boxed up & unused.
Very similar to the OEX, with the only difference being the burner head does fold for storage.
Don't know where it came from, when or how much I paid?
They seem to go for about £50 these days.
Just had it out of the box and fired up ... and reminded of why it never made it to the frontline.
Folding arms very flimsy, don't lock and just flap about.
Burner has a crap flame spread, and nasty dead spot on the flame adjustment.
I bought a Pocket Rocket which has served me well.

The OEX at 1/5th of the price looks far better built than the Optimus Crux.

May get one and keep it under the seat in the T6.

Seriously, get one. :thumb2 For £10 they’re superb. When the arms twist up into position they’re fairly stiff and certainly won’t move.

Used it again today whilst out on the peddly bike. :thumb2 IMG_3401.jpegIMG_3402.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom