Oxygen Sensor

phillh

Reaction score
I am in the process of fitting a Power Commander 5 to my 2011 GSA.

Last part of the process is to disconnect the wires to the two oxygen sensors. Does anyone know why this is and what would be the effect of leaving them connected would be?

Thank-you.

Mine was professionally fitted and they removed them completely and gave them back in the box. Have a read of the last hilltop thread the explanation is buried in there

I have fitted PC's on both SC's and TC's, you don't need the oxygen sensors once the PC is connected, the PC makes them redundant. Remove them and install 2 x planking plugs onto the exhaust.

You can't fit the sensors because the PCV alters the fuel after the ECU. If they were fitted the ECU would see the richening mixture and trim back the fuel which would lead to a lean mixture again.

Mine has a PC5 and removed O2 sensors with self amalgamating tape around the open cable connectors. In wet weather I get a fast idle so either there is moisture getting past the tape (unlikely, because its well wrapped) or there something else going on in damp conditions.

Mine has a PC5 and removed O2 sensors with self amalgamating tape around the open cable connectors. In wet weather I get a fast idle so either there is moisture getting past the tape (unlikely, because its well wrapped) or there something else going on in damp conditions.
Check the plug n play connections. Mine ticked over faster when the connections got a little crusty. A squirt with contact cleaner sorted it.

Check the plug n play connections. Mine ticked over faster when the connections got a little crusty. A squirt with contact cleaner sorted it.

Sorry to be dim - Do you mean I should check the various PC5 connectors?

Back
Top Bottom