I'll get that map ordered ASAP
Cheers bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dean
I'll get that map ordered ASAP
Cheers bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good plan :thumb

Have a look at some good local knowledge from the good people HERE it was great help for now and future. http://ukgser.com/forums/showthread...ct-with-a-nice-slice-of-Yorkshire-on-the-side

Also if i could add knowlege from a photographer i bumped into (the view point is taking in all of wast water and the backdrop is superb, the mighty Scafell and all)- so keep this bit a secrete, keep it to yourself, mums the word. shhhhhhhhhhhh I have not been there myself yet :green gri as I got the knowledge to late to double all the way back. Its only the best view in the lake district (allegedely) Here is an oldish map showing the ultimate view point.

Basically to get there wrynose pass, hardknott pass chuck a right at Santon bridge :cool: Happy planning :beerjug:

Remember keep schtum, not a soul. Oh meant to mention I did not see a single coach on the road (mid week may be the key) :D

you should have posted on here, someone would have came and helped with the Triumph, got it running and knocked up a temporary lever end, you were pretty near my gaff, and I have a van,

which is on the outskirts of cockermouth

nice write up :thumb

you should have posted on here, someone would have came and helped with the Triumph, got it running and knocked up a temporary lever end, you were pretty near my gaff, and I have a van,

Was just thinking the same when I read the bit about "£480 RAC recovery blah blah"

I was (and still am) 8 miles away with a bike trailer.....from Ladybower, not Cockermouth !. Oh if only we'd known eh?!

Was just thinking the same when I read the bit about "£480 RAC recovery blah blah"

I was (and still am) 8 miles away with a bike trailer.....from Ladybower, not Cockermouth !. Oh if only we'd known eh?!

:thumby: to be honest I never realised I was that close to The land of the Dee Dahs, not even on the map:nenau

A bit learned from this trip ;) :beerjug:

Wast water is indeed a stunning spot and a nice pub at the very end of the road. Defo a week day trip as during spring summer weekends it's full of folks doing 3 peaks challenges so its rammed with minibuses. There are also some mighty fine little roads to explore round the back of Ennerdale water, crummock water and Buttermere. All in that general neck of the woods

Back
Top Bottom