QGIS

sparkplug

Landlord
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
second from the left, third from the right
Just got a massive database of properties for work with lat/long that needs a bit of a cleanup and then I want to be able to show selected properties on a map.

QGIS sounds like it should do it, but wondered if anyone here uses it and can tell me if I'm about to waste a ton of time learning something which won't do what I need it to?

Whatever it is, the bod in the GPS section who had something like 100,000 ‘Favourites’ on his device, will maybe find it handy.

I don't frequent the GPS section much - seems like my innocent question has provoked a reference to 100,000 'favourites' bod which sounds like a story in it's own right :D

Mine is a mere list of 9,000 points to plot on a map for which I have lat and lon - but I'd rather use software to do it than drop pins on a map manually!

I can’t find it now. I probably made up the 100,000 figure but there was thousands of them. I guess, like book matches, the fellow collected them?

The thread was started by someone who wanted to file hotels or something like that.

Does your organisation have PowerBI?

We have similar, show locations on a map and click through for detail.

Might be a bit late and you might want to use QGIS. But you can do the same thing with Google My Maps with up to 10,000 points per map. You basically link a spreadsheet (can use csv excel or google docs format) with lat and long in the header. My maps will pic up the lat and long as you import. When you click on the mapped POI it will open the full attributes for that location i.e. anything on its row on the spreadsheet. I'll PM you a link to a map of Norway campsites so you can see what i mean. Might be able to share the data with others through my maps.

Back
Top Bottom