Quad Lock mount to Nav 6 cradle

Aggers

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible to fix a quad lock mount to the nav 6 cradle without damaging the nav 6 connection points?

I use the Nav 6 periodically for long trips but for my normal weekly mileage I'm happy to just use my iphone with Tom Tom. The Nav cradle is positioned just right and would be the ideal place to mount the iPhone.

Has anybody managed it? I did purchase a separate quad lock mount to try and fit it to a spare nav 6 blanking plate but because the nav plate isn't completely flat it distorted and would not hold tight.

Any one got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

As you've got a QuadLock set up you may not be interested but you may have seen that there are a number of 'Chinese' devices which fit into the satnav mount and hold and power a phone. These seem to be well reviewed and only cost around £15 (much cheaper than QuadLock kit). It's an alternative so I mention just it in case.

Have done this on my GSA by using a RAM mount 1 inch ball to the Nav bar, a 1 inch (small) connection and the Quadlock 1inch ball mount. Now, if I need/want too, I can use my phone for navigation instead (calimoto etc)

Attachments

• AF95932A-9A8C-4538-9829-13BA8BACF9BD.jpeg
    AF95932A-9A8C-4538-9829-13BA8BACF9BD.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,234
I’ve got a mount that clips into the original Nav holder that I don’t need now I paid £25 if any body wants it new unused

pretty sure i saw on here , A tosser sought a spare nav 6 cover and mounted the quad lock mount to that , so it could use either the Nav or the phone mounted on the cover. It was quite ingenious

pretty sure i saw on here , A tosser sought a spare nav 6 cover and mounted the quad lock mount to that , so it could use either the Nav or the phone mounted on the cover. It was quite ingenious

Tried that - was shit. Too soft and too much flex.
Best is the mirror mount and extension arm.
Sit it either as above or so phone sits portrait/landscape in front of nave mount the. It’s 10s with the supplied Allen key when you want to use the Nav to move it out of the way.

Tried that - was shit. Too soft and too much flex.
Best is the mirror mount and extension arm.
Sit it either as above or so phone sits portrait/landscape in front of nave mount the. It’s 10s with the supplied Allen key when you want to use the Nav to move it out of the way.

You must be misunderstanding what DC is referring to because I do this and it works perfectly. Specifically, I use one of these stuck to the cover that BMW supply that attaches to the mount when you don't have the SatNav attached.

You must be misunderstanding what DC is referring to because I do this and it works perfectly. Specifically, I use one of these stuck to the cover that BMW supply that attaches to the mount when you don't have the SatNav attached.

Thanks everyone. Daxaar, how firm is it? Like said above when I tried to mount directly to the cover with small screws it pulled it out of shape and therefore didn't hold properly?

My holder clips into the Nav mount and charges
Good bit of kit in the For Sale section

This is how I've attached my quadlock to the blanking plate.

Attachments

• 20200401_154412.jpg
    20200401_154412.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 893
  • 20200401_175259.jpg
    20200401_175259.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 876
The above images are exactly what I was talking about ... looks great that

Thanks everyone. Daxaar, how firm is it? Like said above when I tried to mount directly to the cover with small screws it pulled it out of shape and therefore didn't hold properly?

I have an S10+ so probably one of the largest and heaviest phones available and it's fine. The Quadlock comes with 3M tape which is more than upto the job.

Haven’t “misunderstood “ anything.
Tried it with it fitted to the OE cover - the cover is too soft a plastic to realistically keep it firm and vibration free so instead of fitting either the 3M mount or the mirror mount to the cover (why when there is a 12mm bar 5cm away?) - I fitted the mirror mount to the OE bar alongside the Nav mount in a similar way to FlamingT but with the extension instead of the Ram mount.
Rock solid, adjustable and vibration free with an 11ProMax attached.
Has the advantage that you can have the Nav and iPhone on there together should you want to by simply slacking off the screw and pivoting it or having the phone in virtually the same place as the Nav normally day to day.

So Quadlock do a wing mirror mount that will fir on the satnav bar. They also do a knuckle joint (look in the accessories area) with that you can create a mount that lets you shove your satnav up a bit and fit the quad lock along side. That way tou can have your phone and your satnav on at the same time. I also got a USB connector to replace the BMW power outlet from Nippy Normans and a coiled USB cable so I could charge the phone while its on the Quadlock.

The beauty of this solution is that unlike a RAM mount its REALLY firm so it won't move while the phone is being placed on the mount and it doesn't vibrate while riding.

I have a similar setup that utilises the WunderLINQ Adventure as a fixing point.

Attachments

• D1AD5104-CB5B-42C6-B044-A3B97484214E.jpg
    D1AD5104-CB5B-42C6-B044-A3B97484214E.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 417

Back
Top Bottom