Replacement battery for 2009 1200 adventure

Monkey007

Reaction score
Just bought uni scan. lead and ultimate motoscan app, very impressed, but between the info on that and the info on my Oxford Oximiser888 trickle charger, it's apparent I need to replace the old yuasa battery, been in a good few years, if I leave the bike for 4 or 5 days, it struggles to start, garage doesn't have power, 70 meters from house, so put the bike in the garden on charger,starts fine once charged for 5 hours and charger screen goes up to 14.4V, but when disconnected from trickle charger drops to 12- 12.2V immediately while engine running. What battery do you more experienced GS ers use? Preferably one that doesn't cost a small fortune! and has good CCA.

Are you starting the bike whilst on charger?, you say the voltage drops to 12-12.2 with the bike running, this doesn't sound right.
Fully charged battery with bike off should sit around 12.7/12.8v(lower than this suggests battery on it's way out), with engine running it should sit around 14.3/14.4.(lower suggest problem on charging side)
Cranking, it wants to not drop below mid 10s

Good advice would be to check all connections on both +ve and earth side, both ends.

My '09 is still on original battery and rarely needs a top up.
I did try a Lithium on my last bike but this may not be best option if bike stored somewhere that could get rather cold.
Hope you get it sorted

If I ever need a battery, I get one from here and usually look to see which deals have the correct specification and size

Sent from my backyard

Back
Top Bottom