Riding The WC Courtesy Bike

Is Stick pissed ... ??? :nenau

Vulcaneyes.

Funnily enough I thought the same when I read your original response.

Now then what's all this nonsense about waking a bike up? If you wanted a proper fast bike you are riding in totally the wrong category. Here....have a grenade! :thumb2

I don't need comforting thanks - if I wanted the WC I'd buy one...wouldn't I? :blast
Jay what was you thinking, you should know that any evaluation of a machine will be biased, it is part of the Human psyche, whereupon any comparative trial will compete with the current bench mark of suitability, and the machine will need to sell itself to ones own personal expectations, and on this occasion it didn't, so be it, why don't some people get it. You will never be able to speak for others, I appreciated your observations, and if I was interested in one would book a test ride and make my own mind up.
I have seen varying quality levels of paint finnish on engine casing on many boxer engines, and for an engineer of your calibre was a little concerned that a 6,000 mile service transformed your bike, although my Dad always said the cheapest way to get a new bike was to replace the tyres.
Finally, with the greatest respect there appears to be a lot of LC riders who are completely in the wrong forum, and probably need (as I did) to get an old van and a track bike and get it out their system.
BTW wonder if you could develop a half moon replaceable sacrificial Ali piece for the underside of the "Hoof" for when it wears?

You may well have larger hands than me, do you play piano by any chance? Seriously, there was no way I could reach the indicator switch without movement of the hand position as opposed to just the thumb.
The answer for me would be to go without the sat nav wheel , issue overcome.

Normal feet , I'm not a duck y'know! :D

Perhaps the side stand isn't an issue if a pair of Nike's finest are being worn but with a pair of W2's on , it made for a cumbersome ride. This bike is in the 'Adventure' sector and so my guess is that many owners will be wearing a heavier style of boot rather than a boot more suited to GSXR riders.
No problems with the W2 on an F800, no problem on a 1200GS, problem on the new bike, this suggests a design problem to me and one I have no doubt will be looked at by BMW in the future and redesigned.
:nenau

Actually I do play the piano. but don't consider I have large hands, I use the turn signals as easy as if I was on my Multi Strada, it may be I'm just used to them? The wheel is a wastes of space, I use a Garmin 660 but can find no sane reason to buy the over priced BMW Nav unit so I can use a wheel that doesn't give you any real utilily. Boots I always ride fully dressed , and have Daytona Touring Boots from Germany, thick souls and almost as large as my BMW Adventure type boots. Still no issue with side stand nob.

Now vibes, yes the bike buzzes a lot , I also think the instrument display is poor for somone my age, why such small print , and the angle of the display means I get a great reflection of myself rather than the ability to read information.

I would like more horsepower , but this is just because I have had so much on tap before. What I do really like is ride , they way the bike fits together and the great handling. My ownership journey is brief but I can compare to the other 4 boxers from 1100 on and think this is by far the best in both quality and performance. I may not say this after a longer period but I think this judgement is based on more riding time than Jay C's .

up tight

:rob We should start a biff you biff me section and maybe some bare knuckle fighting. Someone writes a very informative opinion and sometime later people are slagging each other!:eek:

Do I ?

Sell a 2011 twincam GS which is barely run in @ 6k

Cost to change was at least £3-4k to a WC GS

Ride it out of the showroom & instantly lose £2k+ in Vat

Keep taking it back for rear pads/clutch/clonking gearbox etc in the first 3 months of ownership

Is that progress ......just so you can impress everyone by having the latest bike on the block & swank & swoon at how lucky you are

Or keep your existing underused bike & spend the £3-4k on a couple of memorable trips on it

You do the Maths :)

If you think that's boring then you're more shallow

Don't sell you would be mad to . You only rode 6K miles in 3 yrs and it would be a waste. Think you should consider selling and renting for your occasional trips this would make more economic sense.

Back
Top Bottom