Road dirt

the civil one

Reaction score
Where do you find that road dirt gets you on a 1200.
On the 1150 the road dirt is around the feet.
On the 1200 , i find it just below thw knees , and the back of the boot.
Your thoughts appreciated.

.. just below the knee, left hand side only (bizarrely)

Ditto, back of the left leg and the back of both boots. Until I fitted the hugger that is. I have a theory though. The shock cover is curved the wrong way. Off road bikes have a cover to stop too much crap getting into the shock which is curved in the same plane as the rear tyre, the GS is curved in the opposite plane, around the shock itself. My theory is that the spray from the rear tyre hits this and is deflected outwards, the swing arm catches most of it on the right hand side, the back of your leg on the left. Mouse has a home made "deflector" on his bike, copied from someone else IIRC, which works very well. I must get round to copying it.
Mark

the civil one said:
Where do you find that road dirt on a 1200.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Sitting on the seat

Dirt - I love it me - the more the better - my Roadcrafter is hanging next to me, with boots under, after 10 miles thru the villages and 40 miles up the shi*ty M4 this morning.

Dirt is down both shins and all over the boots front and back where they are not covered by the suit.

The GS is covered in sh*te but the marvellous thing about it is that the open nature of frame and running gear means that it washes off with a hose v. easily. Personally I don't understand why anyone would want to add bits to the 12 that hide or cover or make inaccessible, the dirt - eg side panels.

It's a beauty to behold - the dirtier the better!!!

Copied from (or rather inspired by) Dahoum's hugger:

11-flap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom