Rode the Stelvio pass today …………which was nice

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So . Have been travelling through France Germany and Italy to get to the Dolomites . What a trip . It’s a long way , big miles to get here . But so worth it . I am on my 1250 GSA as are 5 of us . There’s a KTM 890 adventure and a Ducati V 4 . Staying in good Hotels and eating well 😎😎 Today I rode over the Stelvio pass , a bucket list ride . I did it on my own as my friends ride fast and I like to take it in slowly. I have found the hairpins hard work and there are thousand’s of them . I guess it’s being 63 years of age , but heh I am here doing it ! I have enjoyed it , and we start to head home tomorrow . Here’s a shot of my day on the Stelvio pass

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0993.png
    IMG_0993.png
    269.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 212
Nice one. Bucket list stuff is great to do. Good hotels and good food is the way to do it. Good idea to do it at your own pace, too. Enjoy your trip.

We did similar trip earlier this year on way down to Millie Miglia, but coming down from Rotterdam. The Stelvio is a great pass but a tad busy, Some of the German bikes were throwing their bikes round the hairpins like no one’s business, made me feel a bit inept, but still fun

Enjoy the rest of your trip

We did similar trip earlier this year on way down to Millie Miglia, but coming down from Rotterdam. The Stelvio is a great pass but a tad busy, Some of the German bikes were throwing their bikes round the hairpins like no one’s business, made me feel a bit inept, but still fun

Enjoy the rest of your trip

I followed a German up there too. He was on a Harley type bike and I could (just about) keep up with him.

He didn't seem to be trying very hard either. :D:D:D

Did it last September on our way back from Mandello. Mid week, not too busy.

A bloke in as Aston had parked half way down to take pix of his car and wench, I passed them, and he then had to follow me the rest of the the way down.

Enjoyed it, but I think the GS might be easier / more fun than the Le Mans on this type of road.

Last edited:
Here's me near the summit . There is a camera van at the top . Search time and day you went and there it is !!

Attachments

• 2023-sep-27-stelvio-2-1100-1130-IMG_0733.JPG
    2023-sep-27-stelvio-2-1100-1130-IMG_0733.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 135
Did it in September.
Surprised me how agile the GSA is going up and down Stelvio. Handled amazingly well for a big heavy bike.

I did it back in 2009 on this feet-forward contraption, went down Umbrail and back, too.

Back
Top Bottom