Samsung Tab Active 3 MRA setup with remote control.

Eastmidsbiker: I can certainly send you the build details when I got it finished and working.

I have a Creality CR-6 SE that I'm very pleased with, it was £250 when I bought it about 2 years ago (don't think it's available now), I'm always finding things to print. If I was buying a replacement now I'd probably go for a Bambu Lab P1P, more expensive at about £550 but the technology has moved on. It's also much faster than my Creality.

Nin: I don't use it offroad, after 50 years of organising/riding enduros my offroad riding is a thing of the past :) I've never had a problem with it bouncing around, or water getting under the pins (so far) but I'll keep a look out for it.
Thanks Bob, I'm looking at the 3mf file in 'Prusaslicer', did you get the software to design the 3d model with your printer or was that a separate purchase (and if so what did you go for) ? Thanks for the recommendation, Im just researching so thats helpful.

Ryan.

Hi Ryan - I use Adobe Fusion for 3D design, its free for hobby use but expensive otherwise.

There are loads of other free 3D design packages and all require a pretty substantial investment of time to get to grips with. I'd suggest looking at a few before you decide on the one you want and then persevere with whichever one you choose to go forward with. I've yet to find anything I can't do with Fusion.

Hello Nin, was about to order a brodin active mount but you've put the brakes on that regarding water ingress,where you able to flip the mount so the power and pins are at the top . I've seen video of ram mounts in this orientation , could you also tell me which bar mount you used..thanks

Hi Jim

I use a Ram Tablet mount cut down to fit the Samsung, it worked well on thought roads in the Alps last year.

IMG_6719.jpg
IMG_5700.jpg
IMG_5408.jpg

These are the setup-s on my airhead and TC.

Power supply wise I use one of the cables that connects to a magnetic insert in the USB-C

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg
IMG_7980.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Jim

I use a Ram Tablet mount cut down to fit the Samsung, it worked well on thought roads in the Alps last year.

View attachment 305018
View attachment 305019
View attachment 305020

Power supply wise I use one of the cables that connects to a magnetic insert in the USB-C

View attachment 305021

View attachment 305022
View attachment 305023

Hello Nin ,intriguing setup , I'm also now looking at a 3DAM interface plate connected into the main bmw connected ride cradle assembly which has amps connectivity therefore allowing a Rams or Brodit mount to be attached securely via your existing bmw key lock enabling to remove the whole unit overnight. I do like the magnetic power insert thanks...jim

Hi Jim

View attachment 305018
View attachment 305019
View attachment 305020

View attachment 305021

View attachment 305022
View attachment 305023

What is the tab mount mounted to on the TC please

I bought the GSA overhoop for my GS but i cant mount the nav6 and tab on the same hoop (redundancy jic)

Your hoop looks to locate on the screen mounts , not seen that before ...

what is that your using?

IMG_5567.jpg
IMG_5403.jpg
IMG_5405.jpg
IMG_5320.jpg

Sorry I don’t have the bike any more, so can’t update the photos. But basically it was a ram ball on the standard GPS mount bar, connected via a ram bar to a ball on the back of the tab mount. I then tied the corners of the ram tab mount into two bolts through the screen to stop it jumping around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

View attachment 305266
View attachment 305272
View attachment 305273
View attachment 305274

Sorry I don’t have the bike any more, so can’t update the photos. But basically it was a ram ball on the standard GPS mount bar, connected via a ram bar to a ball on the back of the tab mount. I then tied the corners of the ram tab mount into two bolts through the screen to stop it jumping around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Found it -

46637694395​

lets have a look at how much that will be for a try out :D

Back
Top Bottom