Saturday 18th Stena Charity Day trip for MacMillan

DrFarkoff

Grumpy Ole Git!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed my Sig line well it's about this :-

Our chairman Joe Gault co-ordinated this trip last year on behalf of Stena Line ferries (Belfast) and a lot of our members helped out on the day with marshalling and recovery vehicle duties. So when Stena approached Joe again about running a similar event this year it did not take himself or the club long to offer whatever assistance they required.
image002.jpg
DSC_0130.jpg
DSC_0144.jpg

Last year's event was very successful with 70 plus bikes taking part following a route around the Dumfries & Galloway area taking in many places and roads that most of the people taking part had never visited before on a treasure hunt type basis. With stops planned around facilities and fuel for everyone taking part and a recovery vehicle on hand "just on case" (which we thankfully did not require).

We also had a photographer travelling with the recovery vehicle taking hundreds of photos of both the bikes/trikes on the run but also individual bikes and riders at various beauty spots along the route which we were able to forward on at no cost after the event which proved very popular.

image003.jpg
image005.jpg
DSC_0422.jpg

It is hoped that this year's event will run on a very similar vain to last year but with an all new route and different stop off points (as we don't want you getting bored). Again it is hoped to have someone available to take pictures which we will again be offering to pass on to anyone who would like them.
In planning this yearss route Joe has actually been using a bit of brain matter and the whole route and stop offs have links with transport of various types, from the information he showed me I think it should be a great day out.

image007.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

Also Joe and Stena line have asked me to remind you that this is a charity day in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support and for those of you who do not know much or anything about this charity, Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer. They provide practical, medical, emotional and financial support and push for better cancer care. One in three of us will get cancer. Two million of us are living with it. We are all affected by cancer. We can all help. They are Macmillan. Please take a minute to look at their website http://www.macmillan.org.uk/ and view the excellent work that their volunteers and nurses continue to do every day.

Last year the one comment we kept hearing in the build-up to the event was "sorry I can't go that day but can I make a donation anyway?" To cover this we have set up...

http://www.justgiving.com/ireland-beyond-stena

This is a charity web page where you can go and make donations to our Macmillan cancer support fund which will be added to the total raised on the day trip before being presented to the charity itself.

NOTE
You ARE NOT able to book to go on the day trip on either the Top Dead Centre MCC web site or the "Justgiving" page mentioned above. Please use the link below, this will take you to the Stena Line web page with directions on how to book your place. So what are you waiting for? Visit...

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/day-trips/daytrip-macmillan-motorcycling-professional

It's only £20.00 for you and your bike and a minimum of £10.00 of that goes to Macmillan Cancer Support. If you complete the co-ordinated 150 mile route your fuel bill should be less than £20.00 so a cheap day out on some of the best biking roads in the world with the reassurance of professional highly trained co-ordinators, marshals and recovery services available to all participants (recovery is back to Belfast Stena Line Terminal, any onward recoveries to be arranged by the individuals involved).

So see you all there!

Wee bump up the list It's happening tomorrow

Day trip return is £20 bike and rider and £35 Bike rider and pillion

Meals can be ordered at booking time as well

ANd If anyof you wish you were going but can;t we have a wee just giving account set up not that it's seen much action :(

Back
Top Bottom