Should we have a camping get together in June?

Ex-Call Centre Chimp

I don't belong here, I don't belong anywhere.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Nothing fancy, just a couple of nights in Woodhall Spa?
Arrive on the Friday, leave on the Sunday maybe go for a spin around The Wolds/Coast on the Saturday. Or go for a swim in the outdoor pool if the weather's nice (I won't be doing this).
Indian meal on Friday night, pub meal on the Saturday, although there are plenty of other options in the village if people prefer.
Plenty of places for fried breakfast in the morning and tea & cake in the afternoon.
Plenty of accommodation in the village if people don't want to camp.

Unfortunately there is virtually no green laning in Lincolnshire thanks to our wonderful County Council.

Go on then Bill. Organise it and they will come. (or they won't come but will moan that it isn't exactly what they'd want.)

I'm up for it fella. Go get it!

Blimey, I've just checked the site fees - £31 per night???? Perhaps not.

Back to the drawing board I reckon.

Screenshot_20240307_223903_Chrome.jpg

We could try The Miner's Standard again. I can't commit to organising this time because work is often at short notice, which is what happened last time.

I do have a few other ideas around Lincoln/Woodhall Spa.
2 options are in small villages with a pub attached to one and the other with a pub close by.
A 3rd is in a field a couple of miles from the nearest village and the final option is very close to the coast with a small village a short walk away.
The 3rd and 4th options have the most basic of toilet/shower facilities and I think the 1st 2 options might just be fields with zero facilities.

I'll have a ride round in the next few days and see what they look like.

Alternatively we could all just agree a date and head to Dent.

I do have a few other ideas around Lincoln/Woodhall Spa.
2 options are in small villages with a pub attached to one and the other with a pub close by.
A 3rd is in a field a couple of miles from the nearest village and the final option is very close to the coast with a small village a short walk away.
The 3rd and 4th options have the most basic of toilet/shower facilities and I think the 1st 2 options might just be fields with zero facilities.

I'll have a ride round in the next few days and see what they look like.

Alternatively we could all just agree a date and head to Dent.
Miner's Standard in the Peak District is better than Dent.

I still have the "straight down the middle" route to the MS on my sat nav but don't let that sway you . And the 21st would suit me better. I'll be in Berlin, watching Scotland hump Germany the previous weekend! :augie
:D

I still have the "straight down the middle" route to the MS on my sat nav but don't let that sway you . And the 21st would suit me better. I'll be in Berlin, watching Scotland hump Germany the previous weekend! :augie
:D
MS?

Bill, have you thrown your toys out of the pram because Simon is offering to help?

Simon, I think Bill would like something in the Lincolnshire area, in order to show off the lovely county where he lives.

Perhaps another weekend in Derbyshire could be arranged, then we'd have two excuses to go out camping. I was thinking back to when I saw a pub in Roston near Ashbourne which had a small camping area next to the car park. It may need checking out to see if it was suitable.

Bill, I understand how hard it is to find somewhere suitable. I did a lot of work before settling on the pub at Hickling for our autumn weekend. A load of places didn't even reply to my email. Also, places that are suitable want the same money as B&B for camping. It's not easy.

Bill, have you thrown your toys out of the pram because Simon is offering to help?
Goodness no, heaven forbid.
King Rat seems keen to organise something in Derbyshire so let's move ahead with that and I'll sort something out in Lincolnshire another time.

Hi Bill,

Is there any decent camping options near East Kirkby?

It may be less expensive than Woodall Spa.

I and others of this parish enjoy the bike ride out through the Lincolnshire Wolds every May bank holiday weekend.

It starts from the aviation heritage centre.

Back
Top Bottom