Specialized e bike bargain

I’ll have to look into it the guy at Evans was adamant that any interference with the motor side of things would void the warranty and the reason I bought new as opposed to used is the two years cover on the motor.
What you have got to remember is that the ebike motors are used in different countries with different rules regarding top speed, power etc.
I don’t think de restricting should be an issue as the motors would have been designed to be used in many different country locations with different parameters.

I’ll have to look into it the guy at Evans was adamant that any interference with the motor side of things would void the warranty and the reason I bought new as opposed to used is the two years cover on the motor.
I can quite imagine that someone flogging a £150 thingy to make the bike faster will say it is undetectable......I can also imagine the angst of a refused repair. Best of luck

I can quite imagine that someone flogging a £150 thingy to make the bike faster will say it is undetectable......I can also imagine the angst of a refused repair. Best of luck
They are detectable if left in place. Not sure if the software on the ebike will register the modification if removed. You also have to remember that the same motor will be used in a country that may have different rules re top speed and performance so the motors must be built to perform at a higher or faster level than we have. I think the biggest downside is battery drainage. Regarding wear, the motors are brushless and I was talking to a repair shop doing ebike servicing and they said it’s mainly bearings that need changing at service times. What affects the more delicate components is water ingress into the electrics. The motors need servicing usually at 3-5000 miles of use and is around 2-250 of your finest to have it done if you take the motor out yourself and send it away to have done.

Back
Top Bottom