Sycamore motorrad

clutchspring

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, anyone used sycamore motorrad Peterborough , got my eye on one of there used bike's just wondering if any ones got any feedback for them good or bad,
Thanks,
Ian.

Morning Ian I have bought three bikes off peterbourgh bmw in the last three years . This is only my opinion you are made to feel welcome when you go into the showroom they are very competitive on price and the after sales service I find excellent. TJ has retired. Also there is a coffee machine with biscuits. Give them a call or visit them I would and good luck with your new purchase

Hi, anyone used sycamore motorrad Peterborough , got my eye on one of there used bike's just wondering if any ones got any feedback for them good or bad,
Thanks,
Ian.

More than happy with the service with this dealer. I dealt with Mike Bentham a year ago when I chopped my previous bike in.

This is an interesting one. Lots of people like and swear by them including a friend of mine who changes his BMW there every 2 years without fail.
On the other hand I have tried countless times to do deals with them and have always found them totally uninterested and very expensive.
They're the nearest BMW dealer to me and I've always avoided them for servicing because they've always been the most expensive by a long way. I used them this year as Rainbow at Rotherham have now become Vertu who I won't use and Sycamore were the only ones who could fit me in at short notice but I certainly had to pay top dollar for the privilege and that's despite them giving me a 10% discount for the bike being over 10 years old.
I'll try to be more organised next year so I can go elsewhere.
But......don't let that put you off as I find myself in a minority.

Best of luck with getting the right deal, don't forget to post pics when you do. (y)

Thanks for all the replies, waiting for a price for my px from sycamore before I get in any deeper .
Thanks,
Ian.

This is an interesting one. Lots of people like and swear by them including a friend of mine who changes his BMW there every 2 years without fail.
On the other hand I have tried countless times to do deals with them and have always found them totally uninterested and very expensive.
They're the nearest BMW dealer to me and I've always avoided them for servicing because they've always been the most expensive by a long way. I used them this year as Rainbow at Rotherham have now become Vertu who I won't use and Sycamore were the only ones who could fit me in at short notice but I certainly had to pay top dollar for the privilege and that's despite them giving me a 10% discount for the bike being over 10 years old.
I'll try to be more organised next year so I can go elsewhere.
But......don't let that put you off as I find myself in a minority.

Best of luck with getting the right deal, don't forget to post pics when you do. (y)

Use Rainbow Workshop instead then, if you were prepared to travel to Rotherham for a service, then Brigg will be a doddle

Last edited:
Use Rainbow Workshop instead then, if you were prepared to travel to Rotherham for a service, then Brigg will be a doddle

Sadly I can't. Brilliant as he is he's not V.A.T. registered which is a requirement for my BMW Motorrad Extended Warranty.

Had a reply from them but I wasn't over the moon with what they offered for my px .
Had a follow up asking me if they were miles away with what I'd been offered elsewhere.
As I'm away now for ten days I might pop in early in the new year and see if I can get a better deal.

Sadly I can't. Brilliant as he is he's not V.A.T. registered which is a requirement for my BMW Motorrad Extended Warranty.
It's a BMW
Who needs a warranty :JB :DD

I know chaps who have taken their brand new 1250GS to him, to carry out the first 600 mile service at 2 weeks old

They are either not bothered or have faith in BMW

Had a reply from them but I wasn't over the moon with what they offered for my px .
Had a follow up asking me if they were miles away with what I'd been offered elsewhere.
As I'm away now for ten days I might pop in early in the new year and see if I can get a better deal.
Pleased it's not just me they try their luck with.
If they're ringing up to ask if they're miles out it's because they know full well they've made you a derisory offer in the hope that you'll be so desperate to change you'll just accept it.
Have a great trip.

Aren’t they/were Balderstons ?
TJ was a good salesman

TJ retired, shortly before Christmas if I recall correctly.

A nice chap, always very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom