The Good Friday All Comers Hertfordshire Trail Ride and Wombat Hunt (29 March 2013)

Well, bandit turned up sporting a mega-hangover. Darkhorse was on his G450X and Geziuks arrived with a road-tyred 1200GSA.

:clap

Disappointingly, and despite all the noise being made in other parts of the forum, no toilet riders were brave enough to make the cut!

IMG_1287_zps9cc15529.jpg

Geziuks with bandit behind

IMG_1288_zps7693cb2e.jpg

darkhorse and I await bandit's arrival...

IMG_1289_zps1fbef0f4.jpg

.... and Geziuks'

IMG_1290-1_zps0aa69a12.jpg

darkhorse skirts the water...

IMG_1291-2_zps35c29ef1.jpg

Geziuks at periscope depth.

IMG_1292-1_zpsf361967d.jpg

bandit taking his usual approach.

IMG_1293-1_zpsa35d51d9.jpg

bandit

IMG_1294-1_zps47254cf1.jpg

darkhorse

IMG_1295-1_zps31bef8de.jpg

Geziuks doing a wonderful job of keeping the GSA upright.

IMG_1296-1_zps6c8f2016.jpg

bandit

IMG_1297-1_zpsc885bf74.jpg

bandit in the Old Bourne

At around 50 miles the day was a little shorter than I'd anticipated, but with the snow (more about on the lanes than I'd anticipated) and the cold, an early finish was OK.

Great day guys!

Well, what can I say.. Great day out! A bit scary at times, but mainly to my poor off riding skills and tyres. Got adrenaline for the next month in my system! Thanks guys!

P.S. you told me the tyres I should look into, forgot the name of it.. TCX80 or something like that?

My son Charlie and I would be up for any ride like this in the future. We weren't around this weekend as we were over at the off road skills school in Wales. We are certainly not able off roaders but would be well up for a go.

My son Charlie and I would be up for any ride like this in the future. We weren't around this weekend as we were over at the off road skills school in Wales. We are certainly not able off roaders but would be well up for a go.

Keep you eyes on this area of the forum as there are several rides kike this during the year.

If you're serious about trying off-roading, get your bike onto some appropriate tyres. They make a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom