The Strontian Gathering (NOT the Dent Event) 19th - 21st May 2023

Coffee and cake is on me next time Pete :beerjug:

Made a pal at the lighthouse ...
b93a2e4d1d0b92ee13e4a15d57aa0c11.jpg

"Gaun geez a bit, mister!"

Just had a read through and it looked great, some nice photos. Would love to have made it up
there for a beer with you all.:beer:

Anyway Al my carer is looking after me and took me to Wales looking at Moto Guzzi V85 TT's
last week.:thumb2
Hopefully the Strontian Do will live on next year and maybe break free from the curse of Margaret.:D
:beerjug:

Just had a read through and it looked great, some nice photos. Would love to have made it up
there for a beer with you all.:beer:

Anyway Al my carer is looking after me and took me to Wales looking at Moto Guzzi V85 TT's
last week.:thumb2
Hopefully the Strontian Do will live on next year and maybe break free from the curse of Margaret.:D
Are you still planning on Midsummers night Dent ?
I tried to make a booking at the Sun Inn for my trip in late July but it's fully booked, not only that, they say that they don't do food there anymore o_O

I tried to make a booking at the Sun Inn for my trip in late July but it's fully booked, not only that, they say that they don't do food there anymore o_O
Thats a shame, they did some good grub in there

Yes Mike I'm still going. It's ashame about the Sun Inn not doing food anymore, but there's always the George and Dragon
who do decent grub. There's also the little cafe near the campsite for breakfasts. Just need this good weather to continue.

Managed to 'borrow' these photographs from son Pete's (Laughing Gas on here) SmugMug account :thumby:

Some great photographs .... enjoy.

i-NcWhNfc-L.jpg

i-JngCq3M-L.jpg

i-s4DH9CF-L.jpg

i-rNsbFfz-L.jpg

i-VmN9xSj-L.jpg

i-Ksh9QRb-L.jpg

i-cMh7qdV-L.jpg

i-wgnJsRh-L.jpg

i-bQGRVgL-L.jpg

i-kDMJvL3-L.jpg

i-Kjx3wcg-L.jpg

i-pfgksKF-L.jpg

i-26w3mHf-L.jpg

i-6dMJhNz-L.jpg

i-NdS53Q3-L.jpg

i-jFn6Hgf-L.jpg

i-QNF8VZc-L.jpg

i-SqnP7H3-L.jpg

i-GbDcqTR-L.jpg

i-vJh44n2-L.jpg

i-BCc77sL-L.jpg

i-fhctFWS-L.jpg

i-Qjf2jmL-L.jpg

i-hWKx4xh-L.jpg

i-vwcfFCc-L.jpg

i-kR47mPc-L.jpg

i-SpJx9WT-L.jpg

i-2jKhqPN-L.jpg

i-PT3M7tf-L.jpg

I like that 56mm lens Pete

Managed to 'borrow' these photographs from son Pete's (Laughing Gas on here) SmugMug account :thumby:

Some great photographs .... enjoy.

i-NcWhNfc-L.jpg

i-JngCq3M-L.jpg

i-s4DH9CF-L.jpg

i-rNsbFfz-L.jpg

i-VmN9xSj-L.jpg

i-Ksh9QRb-L.jpg

i-cMh7qdV-L.jpg

i-wgnJsRh-L.jpg

i-bQGRVgL-L.jpg

i-kDMJvL3-L.jpg

i-Kjx3wcg-L.jpg

i-pfgksKF-L.jpg

i-26w3mHf-L.jpg

i-6dMJhNz-L.jpg

i-NdS53Q3-L.jpg

i-jFn6Hgf-L.jpg

i-QNF8VZc-L.jpg

i-SqnP7H3-L.jpg

i-GbDcqTR-L.jpg

i-vJh44n2-L.jpg

i-BCc77sL-L.jpg

i-fhctFWS-L.jpg

i-Qjf2jmL-L.jpg

i-hWKx4xh-L.jpg

i-vwcfFCc-L.jpg

i-kR47mPc-L.jpg

i-SpJx9WT-L.jpg

i-2jKhqPN-L.jpg

i-PT3M7tf-L.jpg

I like that 56mm lens Pete
Pete does like to use low apertures ...very effective :beerjug:

*cough* *nudge* *hint* Couple of pics and info about that RE Turbo Twin from Edinburgh, that you re-built sir?

And great pics too! Smashing company.
4d062247fcaa6af5111221b466e420bc.jpg

*cough* *nudge* *hint* Couple of pics and info about that RE Turbo Twin from Edinburgh, that you re-built sir?

And great pics too! Smashing company.
4d062247fcaa6af5111221b466e420bc.jpg
Taps isn't a member of UKGSer Peter, he tags along by invitation! I'll mention it to him :thumby:

Thanks Micky. The bike was bought at Alexanders of Lothian Road here and owned by the same Embra family for decades. (My boyish snotty nose knew the window at Alexander's all too well from pressing against it, admiring the bikes!) I thought the story of the bike and its refurbishment would make a great wee feature for our local IAM rag. We might even be able to track down the family who owned it originally.

Cheers! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom