Thin waterproof gloves

I bought some very thin over gloves from Triumph and were very impressed as kept me dry and warm whilst still being able to feel every thing through my summer gloves

Every day's a school day!
Except its wrong.
Wetsuits are made from open cell neoprene and is supposed to be, well wet and are designed to let the water in and hold it there so you don't keep reheating it. Taking a piss in a wet suit gives you a warm feeling.

A dry-suit is usually made from a membrane, sometimes with a closed cell neoprene laminated in, with seal at the neck, ankles and wrists. They sometimes include boots.
You should wear warm under layers in a dry suit if its cold.
If you take a piss in a dry suit, its just like pissing your pants. Nasty

Except its wrong.
Wetsuits are made from open cell neoprene and is supposed to be, well wet and are designed to let the water in and hold it there so you don't keep reheating it. Taking a piss in a wet suit gives you a warm feeling.

A dry-suit is usually made from a membrane, sometimes with a closed cell neoprene laminated in, with seal at the neck, ankles and wrists. They sometimes include boots.
Hurrah - so I wasn't wrong after all! :beerjug:

Except its wrong.

Except it’s not, neoprene is waterproof. Dry suits can be made from it as well as wet suits, I've dived in one many times.

Except it’s not, neoprene is waterproof. Dry suits can be made from it as well as wet suits, I've dived in one many times.
Being a bit of a fact hound, I took to googling this. It appears that both views are correct. Wetsuits are made from open-cell neoprene, which is made porous by having the inner layer shaved off regular neoprene...

Being a bit of a fact hound, I took to googling this. It appears that both views are correct. Wetsuits are made from open-cell neoprene, which is made porous by having the inner layer shaved off regular neoprene...
Why anyone would want to use porous neoprene I don’t know. The aim with a wet suit is not to stop water entering but to limit the exchange of the warm water, heated by your body, with cold water from the outside. Using porous neoprene wouldn’t help with this.

Anyway back to the original question, dry gloves can be made using neoprene, but it’s not very strong so wouldn’t give any protection in a crash. Stick to leather backed with Gore-tex.

get
yourself a pair of these. Very sporty and only minimally lined.

Completely waterproof.

Great gloves.

Sent with a Zen10

Have been using this brand for years now....

French company set up by ex racers (allegedly) and they only make gloves.

Sent with a Zen10

Just had a look, thanks for the link. French company who don't appear to have any distributor here. Presumably you order direct? Post Brexit I have had varying experiences ordering from EU so be interested to know how it's been for you with these.

Guys these prices are way out, these gloves will be for off-roading so not spending a fortune

Looking around £80 tops

I used to wear neoprene gloves with light armour for off road use and they were fine. Not really warm enough for all day road riding in rain when you’ve got a lot high wind chill to factor in but you don’t have to worry about soggy lining coming out when you remove your gloves.

Back
Top Bottom