waterproof over gloves

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not even sure they exist. I hate big thick heavy gloves and I have a pair of Rukka lighter winter gloves that are meant to be waterproof. They aren't. Anyway they are quite short so rain simply runs between the glove cuff and the cuff of my suit. I would like to find a pair of thin Gore-Tex style over gloves that have long length cuffs that I can wear over my normal summer riding gloves when it rains. These would then fit over the cuff of my jacket.
Any ideas or is this just wishful thinking? And before I get any smart comments I am not looking for these.... :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot 2024-02-03 143832.png

If your planning on putting another pair of gloves on top of another then your likely going to end up with exactly what you said you hate....... thick heavy gloves.

I've just bought some held air n dry..... i wouldn't say they are thick and the two pockets add a bit of versatility. The reason i quote these is that they have long cuffs that fit over and under the sleeves of my jacket depending on preference. Might be worth a look.

I have some in the garage, Grant. I can’t rember the make but I’ll go and look tomorrow.

Dainese from memory…. But don’t rely on it…. If they are, it’ll be these, I guess:

I have Tuff Bag mitts. They work but no less cumbersome than using something like Rukka Mars Goretex gloves, which have cuffs that go under a jacket sleeve. I take the latter for summer trips and use muffs in winter. Where the mitts are good is of you know you are going to have rain all day as you can keep your gloves drier which means they are nicer to refit after a fuel or comfort stop.

I have a pair of those Dianese overgloves which Richard has highlighted, I find them pretty good, very lightweight and do the job well.

Over-gloves are great, if they are leak free & can be strapped down at the cuff. Great until you stop for fuel/call of nature, when everything around you is damp & it becomes a wrestling match to get them back on. Mittens work better, but make reaching the subsidiary controls awkward.

So, when touring, I use some BMW branded waterproof gloves - they're not perfect, but they keep the worst out. Can't tell you the type as I clipped all the labels out. Alongside I pack some summer weight dry weather gloves. I don't ride in the winter these days, so my bulky old FT deep freeze gloves sit in the back of the cupboard.

I also have a pair of Dainese over gloves which dont add much bulk and are very light .

thanks all, will buy a pair of the Dainese over gloves. Petrol pump ones are a but thin but in an emergency I´m sure will do. Not sure if the pump attendant will be happy if I pinch a whole handful of them though!

I was right, Dainese over gloves. Size XL, going over Rukka gloves in the size 10 or 11.

IMG_3943.jpeg

I also have a pair of Aerostich, three fingered ‘lobster claw’ Gor-Tex over gloves, size XL.

Back
Top Bottom