Tracer 9 GT Plus

As I understand it, you had a problem connecting your iPhone 15 to Tracer via USB. Have you tried connecting via WiFi? Does it work well? I'm currently waiting for my Tracer and I'm wondering if I'll actually have the same problem with the iPhone 15.

Connects fine via WiFi but cannot authenticate Motorize without connecting via USB.
I’m away for two weeks but when I get home I’m going to send a video to Garmin as requested via email to show the issue and hopefully they’ll update the app to work with iPhone 15s

Sent from my N65

Connects fine via WiFi but cannot authenticate Motorize without connecting via USB.
I’m away for two weeks but when I get home I’m going to send a video to Garmin as requested via email to show the issue and hopefully they’ll update the app to work with iPhone 15s

Sent from my N65
Great, let us know if you find out anything.

“All sorts of screens and nothing could get rid of the turbulence “

“All sorts of screens and nothing could get rid of the turbulence “
I have a Tracer 9 GT+ and I don’t get any turbulence with the stock screen. I am 6’2”, so taller than the guy in the video, but whether I ride with the screen fully down or fully up, there is no turbulence for me. I wear an Arai Chaser, which I find is pretty quiet anyway, or a Shark, which is noisier, but no turbulence with either helmet.
I guess this just goes to show how much of a personal thing a screen is, but also it has been noted that the screen on the GT+, the screen is much more substantial when compared to the earlier Tracer screens.

I have a Tracer 9 GT+ and I don’t get any turbulence with the stock screen. I am 6’2”, so taller than the guy in the video, but whether I ride with the screen fully down or fully up, there is no turbulence for me. I wear an Arai Chaser, which I find is pretty quiet anyway, or a Shark, which is noisier, but no turbulence with either helmet.
I guess this just goes to show how much of a personal thing a screen is.

Agreed . Some people are never happy with a screen . Better to take the car !

The story with screens is either go very high and put up with the fuglyness, or go low. I tak the high road in winter and the low road in summer. This rule seems to apply to almost any bike with a screen.

I went out yesterday for my first proper ride out, about 175 mls. 8degC. Some observations.
Heated grips work OK through Grip Puppies. Hand guards sit a bit further away than the GS, I think it reduces their effectiveness.
About 150mls till 'reserve'. I think the mpg will be about the same as the GS, 54mpg overall average.
I run the suspension on No.2, a bit bouncy, but doesn't get out of control. No.1 just firms it up nicely. Custom is the same settings as street but with sport throttle.
OE tyres grip well, but are a bit wooden, they may feel a bit different when the weather warms up.
I bought a GT seat to have it reshaped a bit to help my little legs get nearer the ground, at the moment I find it comfy enough. My bladder will dictate the time between stops.
I have fitted EBC pads, They have more bite and require less finger pull.
The screen is fine on the high setting, I can sit at 100mph no problem low is awful. I am only 5'6".
The engine is a peach, plenty fast enough. The proper test will be in the begining of June when I go with the boys to Spain/Portugal on their big bikes 1290 adv's, S1000r, ZX10, Super Duke etc. I don't expect a problem.
Luggage wise will be SW-Motech City Pro tank bag and a 50ltr Aqua rollbag from Oxford sitting on the rear seat and a GIVI topbox plate.
I have also fitted GIVI engine bars.
All in all a happy bunny.

I went out yesterday for my first proper ride out, about 175 mls. 8degC. Some observations.
Heated grips work OK through Grip Puppies. Hand guards sit a bit further away than the GS, I think it reduces their effectiveness.
About 150mls till 'reserve'. I think the mpg will be about the same as the GS, 54mpg overall average.
I run the suspension on No.2, a bit bouncy, but doesn't get out of control. No.1 just firms it up nicely. Custom is the same settings as street but with sport throttle.
OE tyres grip well, but are a bit wooden, they may feel a bit different when the weather warms up.
I bought a GT seat to have it reshaped a bit to help my little legs get nearer the ground, at the moment I find it comfy enough. My bladder will dictate the time between stops.
I have fitted EBC pads, They have more bite and require less finger pull.
The screen is fine on the high setting, I can sit at 100mph no problem low is awful. I am only 5'6".
The engine is a peach, plenty fast enough. The proper test will be in the begining of June when I go with the boys to Spain/Portugal on their big bikes 1290 adv's, S1000r, ZX10, Super Duke etc. I don't expect a problem.
Luggage wise will be SW-Motech City Pro tank bag and a 50ltr Aqua rollbag from Oxford sitting on the rear seat and a GIVI topbox plate.
I have also fitted GIVI engine bars.
All in all a happy bunny.
Have you tried Garmin GPS?

Mine is working out at 240 miles to a tank. The trip F function comes on when you have approx 5L left in the tank and when the orange light starts flashing so you know exactly how many miles you have covered. Just been collected for its first running in service and the fog lights fitting. I find it very comfortable the seat mod really works to eliminate the sloping seat. Best engine and exhaust sound I’m pleased with the purchase..
Anyone need a set of Yamaha bar risers or sat nav mount drop me a pm.

The gospel according to Neevsey…….
(Well his mate actusually)

Interesting to read that Neevsey’s mate Steve thought the stock Bridgestone T32 tyres were a bit wooden and didn’t really like them when just about every review on the GT+ has made positive comments on the T32s.
Here is the track based review by some bloke called Jeremy McWilliams, (whoever he is!) For my part, I have found the T32s to be pretty decent tyres in the cold and wet conditions we have had since I bought the bike.

Interesting to read that Neevsey’s mate Steve thought the stock Bridgestone T32 tyres were a bit wooden and didn’t really like them when just about every review on the GT+ has made positive comments on the T32s.
Here is the track based review by some bloke called Jeremy McWilliams, (whoever he is!) For my part, I have found the T32s to be pretty decent tyres in the cold and wet conditions we have had since I bought the bike.
Bridgestone are not very likely to say their tyre is no good.

Bridgestone are not very likely to say their tyre is no good.
Agreed, but just about every review from UK based magazines, independent testers, bloggers and YouTubers have praised the T32s.

Agreed, but just about every review from UK based magazines, independent testers, bloggers and YouTubers have praised the T32s.

as a proper, dual compound, sport touring tyre available on the retail market they are a marked improvement on the OEM Dunlop D222 that my 2015 Tracer came on. These were single compound tyres Sumitomo made for Yamaha & Kawasaki to go in the mid range, budget bikes. They were adequate but the bike was transformed with a set of Avon Storm 2. As Yamaha is no longer marketing the GT version of the bike in the budget sector I guess it warrants better tyres.

Sent from my N65

Not a bad review at all, well done Chopsie! One thing with the adaptive cruise control is when you are behind a car/van/truck, etc moving slower than you, the system seamlessly slows you to a distance that you have pre-set. When you indicate to overtake, the ACC seamlessly starts to accelerate back up to the cruising speed that you have set.
It was something that I thought was a bit over the top, but having lived with it since I bought the bike 3 months ago, I have found that it is an absolutely brilliant piece of kit! Yes, I could live without it but I would rather live with it!

Not a bad review at all, well done Chopsie! One thing with the adaptive cruise control is when you are behind a car/van/truck, etc moving slower than you, the system seamlessly slows you to a distance that you have pre-set. When you indicate to overtake, the ACC seamlessly starts to accelerate back up to the cruising speed that you have set.
It was something that I thought was a bit over the top, but having lived with it since I bought the bike 3 months ago, I have found that it is an absolutely brilliant piece of kit! Yes, I could live without it but I would rather live with it!

Not sure how he thought the quickshifter was a bit clunky as mine is the smoothest I’ve ever used and I’ve had a few.
The gearbox is snickety snick and the changes are ultra smooth.

Sent from my N65

Not sure how he thought the quickshifter was a bit clunky as mine is the smoothest I’ve ever used and I’ve had a few.
The gearbox is snickety snick and the changes are ultra smooth.

Sent from my N65
Agree 100% If you read other road tests and reviews, they all say the Yamaha Q/S has set the bar high compared with any other manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom