VEHICLE TRACKER wanted

Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need to install a tracker that is linked to my iphone so I know where a particular vehicle is at any point in time.

Has anyone got any experience of these? I don't want to spend a fortune. :nenau

I need to install a tracker that is linked to my iphone so I know where a particular vehicle is at any point in time.

Has anyone got any experience of these? I don't want to spend a fortune. :nenau

Is this just to see the vehicle or for theft.

If it’s just to see if the wife is cheating, then there are plenty of cheap ones on Amazon https://amzn.eu/d/55SBUrH

For a bit more monimoto is good

For theft go for a datatool tracker

A couple of friends have these and seem to rate them highly.

+1 I have one of these, it's not the best but does the trick. Push notification when it leaves a certain radius, can run quite interesting reports on trips and speeds etc., plus fairly cheap Vs some othe options.

Monimoto (I have one) will send you the location only if triggered (or you can activate it manually every once in a while). But requesting the location often could significantly shorten battery life.

If you want to see the location of the motorbike at all times a cheap and cheerful solution would be, as suggested, an Apple Airtag (since you have an iPhone).
Caveats are: Airtags are designed in a way where you cannot/shouldn't track others. If the bike is stolen, the thief will be notified on their mobile that a tag is traveling with you, it will also beep - so sort of not very useful in case of theft, but that is by its design.
Yes, it relies on other Apple devices to ping its last known position, but the network is very effective in medium to built up areas.
On the upside it is 20 quid :)

If the bike is not used often (~daily) consider battery draw of the wired devices listed in the previous posts as well.

I've bought a MoniMoto because I want to swap it easily between my bikes, and also my Camper Van. Cheap and cheerful. No battery drain on the bike (or camper), and reasonably priced subscription. Yet to test it in detail

Back
Top Bottom