Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Nice bimble out with eldest and his behemoth . . .

211123-1.jpg

211123-2.jpg

SteveT

:dragon

Rode to Douglas park Motorrad today from Falkirk for the drive shaft recall on my GS. Horrible weather, didn't see any other biker funnily enough. It wasn't all bad though because my bike got a brand new drive shaft fitted for free.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Rode to Douglas park Motorrad today from Falkirk for the drive shaft recall on my GS. Horrible weather, didn't see any other biker funnily enough. It wasn't all bad though because my bike got a brand new drive shaft fitted for free.

My RS can wait till Spring time. Bike and I are hibernating :)

Somewhere between Perth and Dunfermline. Pretty much had the road to ourselves.
9962da209fa8eb2274e273b17457c61f.jpg
0493dae9a56212f2605ef11be191adfa.jpg

You're a more hardy soul than I. Lovely bike, fab colour.
thank you, not seen another blue one yet.

It wasn't too bad apart from in the hills where it dropped to 2C. Just tried to go as easy as possible, the GS took it all in it's stride. Was the Mrs first time out on this bike. Only complaint was that it doesn't have a heated seat like the tiger 800 I had before .

Non tapatalk compressed photo

A very dull triangle but the wind had dried everything so a quiet and pleasant pootle whilst SWMBO was tending to her Dobbins…

Happy New Year all.

Attachments

• IMG_2299.png
    IMG_2299.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 21
Snow line hunting this morning . . .
281223-1.jpg

Then a brew near Grantown . . .
281223-2.jpg

SteveT

is there no ice or snow on the roads? asking because next trip from west of ireland to inverness in march. last year took the plane because yellow weather warning here and later on snow cover from Edinburgh to Inverness. the previous year it was dry in Alba but frosty at night. Met only 4 bikes between Stranraer and Aviemore.

drimcong,

Slush in the middle of the road and each side of the carriageway. Most gone today but lower temps on the way along with a smattering more snow . . . apparently.

SteveT

Minus 5 but pheasants need feeding especially in weather like this (y)

Beaky bike goes beak spotting . . . only to find the beak owners hiding theirs :D

210124-1.jpg

210124-2.jpg

SteveT

in Oban, any recommendations for a cheap-ish night's rest in March? Premier Inn seems to be pricey. thanx a mil guys

When in March? Easter is at the end of March this year. As far as I can see the Premier Inn rooms are 38 if you book/pay now, 49 with a bit of flexibility.....to be honest I doubt you'll get much lower than that....
You might attract a bit more better advice in the main section of the Scottish department, rather than here.
What about the YHA?

Last edited:
thanx a mil for heads up, googling PI didn't come up @ above £, other places OK coming over 18-22,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom