What's the usual admin/arrangement fee?

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Started getting the emails saying ins coming up for renewal.
A day or so later got the renewal invitation from Bemoto
Cover by Ageas, useful addition of Euro cover, breakdown etc all the usual Titanium package benefits.
'cos I'm an old git, total cost has risen slightly,
One thing struck me as being a little over the top was an increase in the admin fee from £21.95 to £50.00

Not certain that they have done anything in my favour to warrant this charge.

Whats the current thinking on Bemoto? searching found a few negative reactions recently.

Is one of their own still hanging around the forum?

Just been charged £30 from Devitt to add / remove a bike. There was no premium effect £30 was all admin

It's a myth. Just look at the final cost and do not worry how the broker gets to that calculation.

By all means try to negotiate it out but they could list a separate cost for "banana flavour treats for chimps" for all I care. Get quotes from Moneysupermarket and use the prices there to decide if the package Bemoto offered suits you. I would also check to see if separate policies beat the extra for the titanium cover e.g. I get personal breakdown cover for all of my vehicles in a standalone policy for £60 which suits me better.

Choose a Broker that doesn’t charge admin fees
It’s a racket
Don’t pay them anymore

Just been charged £30 from Devitt to add / remove a bike. There was no premium effect £30 was all admin
somewhat different to an admin fee listed on a renewal notice, but an awareness of mid policy charges is important if you are likely to make a change of bike during the policy term. There are brokers that have no mid-policy fees but of course, they might charge a higher annual premium.

Choose a Broker that doesn’t charge admin fees
It’s a racket
Don’t pay them anymore

it's an age old argument. A broker has to employ people to make policy changes. Even if this is done via a website, there is still an overhead. The broker could average that cost out and add a few quid to every premium or they could make ad hoc charges as Steve experienced.

Which do you prefer @JohnnyBoxer ? Everyone pay extra for their policy so that those few who make frequent changes do not clock up admin fees, or for those people who change bikes frequently pay their dues as they are the ones creating extra work for the broker?

You might have to pay an extra fiver a year on a policy but it might save someone else £90 a year. Are you feeling benevolent?

If you're happy with Bemoto, but not the admin fee shop around to see if you can get a better quote from the bike insurer etc. If you can ring them up and see if they'll move on their price. I'm with IAM Surity and they will often reduce or waive the admin charge to keep my business ( I'm an old git too)

What did £22 represent as a percentage of the 2023-24 premium

What does £50 represent as a percentage of the 2024-25 premium
£22 was a 10.4% uplift
£50 is 20.5%, think I need to ring them in any case.

They do offer zero fee amendments (possibly for bike change) but not really relevant to me as I tend to keep bikes for around 10 years...

Thanks for the comments, was with CN for years, Bennets for 1 during which I was reversed into and when I refused 4th D's help, I was on my own..., then Bemoto cos some chap on here was promising decent cover at reasonable price. Four months after taking out last years policy I got a request for copies of license, proof of no claims and copy of V5, with the threat of cancellation if I didn't provide (they already had copies of all bar the V5) never did find out why it was required, they simply said the insurance company had randomly selected me to be double checked apparently.

I'll do the usual online searches, recent comments here re Bemoto have been less than glowing praise

it's an age old argument. A broker has to employ people to make policy changes. Even if this is done via a website, there is still an overhead. The broker could average that cost out and add a few quid to every premium or they could make ad hoc charges as Steve experienced.

Which do you prefer @JohnnyBoxer ? Everyone pay extra for their policy so that those few who make frequent changes do not clock up admin fees, or for those people who change bikes frequently pay their dues as they are the ones creating extra work for the broker?

You might have to pay an extra fiver a year on a policy but it might save someone else £90 a year. Are you feeling benevolent?

Make your own choices like me

I choose brokers who don’t charge admin or alteration fees and many a time their annual premiums are lower too and they give a proper reimbursement for an bike removal/change or early terminated policy on a pro rata basis
They are out there

NFU mutual are one such insurer and RH is another -

Also neither participate on insurance comparison websites either and sell insurance on quality of product/service & not just price

Back
Top Bottom