When’s the best time to go to the Picos

I'm in the Hotel del Oso just now, very pleasant weather. Hotel is full, few bikes and a lot of old classic cars. We’re in the annex which has a nice peaceful lounge
Forecast is fine but I'm on a ferry tomorrow. The area in general though is very busy, must be peak season, lots of coaches and vans and folk aroundIMG_6207.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm in the Hotel del Oso just now, very pleasant weather. Hotel is full, few bikes and a lot of old classic cars. We’re in the annex which has a nice peaceful lounge
Forecast is fine but I'm on a ferry tomorrow. The area in general though is very busy, must be peak season, lots of coaches and vans and folk aroundView attachment 284552

Be sure to have the montanes stew for din dins as a starter after that very large free pour gin and tonic.

It’s huge and delicious

0735995f4eeb43d216eb3d437ae3231e.jpg

That's exactly what we did last night, and will repeat tonight it was so good

They are having what they call a St Michael's little summer. Hit 27C today in Ponferrada, still 22C at 8pm.

One thing I found going a week later this year, out 24th September and home on 5th October, there were a lot fewer people and bikes on the ferry. Pont Aven Deck 2 was less than half full with bikes outbound and even fewer on the way back. This made a positive difference to loading and especially unloading times, and of course getting through border control. The weather was very good, although a bit chilly in the mornings but 25C by lunchtime.

Back
Top Bottom