Which iMac?!

LG ultrafines (that is what the previous monitors Apple used to sell before they reintroduced their own line) are very good. All of them with P3 colour space.
I've been using a 32" for the last 4 years and love it.

The price isn’t wildly different, but you may get better specs. There are some decent refurb monitors available from places like CEX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not so much in Ireland. Plus it's more cables and clutter and power supply etc

LG ultrafines (that is what the previous monitors Apple used to sell before they reintroduced their own line) are very good. All of them with P3 colour space.
Yes, these are on my radar.

Something like this?

LG Monitor UltraFine Ergo 27UN880-B 27UN880B 27" (27UN880-B AEU) (27UN880B AEU) LGAEU AEU https://amzn.eu/d/1dHfWzy

Ah the old windows v Mac debate. Nothing against windows users but I like Mac. The screens are perfect for what I want. Plus it looks pretty

Plus the Mac M1 chip blows the intel chips away
If you like Mac and the integration then that is VunderBar

I learned on MAC 30 years ago But I do not like the present UI

OR the Sheeple effect of apple products

Oh and an I7 with a good feed of Ram and a GOOD install of 10 Pro Is a Very Very quick set up ;)

Last edited:
If you like Mac and the integration then that is VunderBar

I learned on MAC 30 years ago But I do not like the present UI

OR the Sheeple effect of apple products

Oh and an I7 with a good feed of Ram and a GOOD install of 10 Pro Is a Very Very quick set up ;)

Sure my middle name is sheeple and I am a complete tart. Let’s be honest here

I am thinking about a mac mini and a monitor. I already have one M1 mac mini for home theatre duties and it's a pretty capable machine. Then I saw the price of a 27" apple monitor. Crazy even by apple standards :loopy

I agree, the Apple monitors are dear. The LG monitors are good though, Mrs Berin is still using a 10 year old ultra wide as a laptop monitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a really good price. Might have to look at one in curry’s or the like.

Herself said last night ‘why are you not buying a new laptop?’

It’s got me thinking.

Thanks for all the advice. I am getting a new computer but now I’m not sure which one

So.

I’d LOVE an iMac.

BUT

I’ve bought a refurbed MacBook Pro off the apple site. M2 chip. 16 go ram, 512 gb storage, usb c, usb a, sad car reader.the latest scream. Battery life that defies my expectations.

That’s to herself who broke down my bluster, cost me an extra €800 and said well

You spent multiples of that on my engagement ring and you have just turned 50

So I bought it.

Buying a drive in the morning.

I still want an iMac but those monitors look good.

Thanks for the chats

Auto correct on that is hilarious.

Those screens are good value and part of the new plan.

for a lot less money ! You could get a decent I7 processor with a schitload of Memory on Win 10 Pro ??

(Not liking win 11 So far Much prefer Win 10 Pro I always chose Pro versions if I can so that there is not as much Bloatware!)

Photoshop works well on the platform Not so sure about Light room

Edit "AI Features" |Can you feel Sarah Connors frowning at you from where you are??
not good advice, windows 10 is end of life this year, no more updates, whatever you do dont get windows 10, dont get me wrong I stll prefer windows 7 but we do have to mover on and microsoft is moving on windows 10 this year

Proper monitors seem to cost the same as the computer!!!
Just came across this monitor, Seem to have been designed for the creative types amongst us. Currently on -20% offer (with a code CS20) Plenty of adjustments and is touch monitor, ideal for tweaking photos etc.

@er-minio perhaps could confirm if it is any good?

I do need a big monitor, for when I design furniture in SketchUp Pro. As working on a small, 15-16" screen is tiring on my eyes and it be good to have two programs open side by side too. 27" monitor would be a minimum size that I would consider, 32" would be ideal.

Currently looking to buy new 16" M3 Max MacBook Pro from Costco, as they are some £450 cheaper than Apple store or John Lewis, but offer same 2 year warranty as standard, just like John Lewis do. As a Costco Executive membership holder, I would also get 2% back on all purchases over the year, in the form of a voucher at the end of the subscription year.

perhaps could confirm if it is any good?

Don't know the brand, not sure about the specs.
It is a touchscreen. I don't see the necessity for a touchscreen that big unless it is used for some very specific tasks, but for those people use other brands.

Samsung has a line of monitors that clamps to the back of a desk and has a similar arm/stand with similar movement range.

Don't know the brand, not sure about the specs.
It is a touchscreen. I don't see the necessity for a touchscreen that big unless it is used for some very specific tasks, but for those people use other brands.

Samsung has a line of monitors that clamps to the back of a desk and has a similar arm/stand with similar movement range.
Spec Sheet is here and very similar to 27" monitor.

I need the screen space, and preferably a high refresh rate (100 Hz, perhaps 120 Hz?), a thunderbolt port to link MacBook to the screen using singe cable. Touch screen would probably be good for @Comfy Old Boots and his photo editing.

Back
Top Bottom