Who makes BMW clothing?

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea who might make BMW stuff. My pal want the BME GS suit but doesn't want BMW branding or any other motorcycle make branding plastered across the clothing.

BMW will have a contract for CMS ( cut make & sew) with a far east supplier. They will source the fabrics from high performance cordura weavers & dyers. Then the lot will be shipped to the CMS boys.

From my experience the CMS companies will partner up with majors and not have their own lines.
Some on here have had some success with buying branded ( rip off) goods from Ali Express, he could try that And unpick the logos.
Failing that certain brands like Weiss have very subdued logos on their bike gear.

This was the position in 2018 , before that Sidi supplied apparently

Does anyone have an idea who might make BMW stuff. My pal want the BME GS suit but doesn't want BMW branding or any other motorcycle make branding plastered across the clothing.
I know some of the gloves (their 2 in 1) are made by Held. I wouldn’t be surprised if suits are made by them as well.
Held do allot of good quality kit, gloves is their bread and butter.
Besides bmw, Held also produce gloves for Stadler.
I love my Held gloves, especially that you can really dial in the fit, due to being able to buy (some) gloves in short, regular and long fingered versions.

Speaking of Stadler, they produce suits (such as Campanero) for Touratech.

Motolegends stock (albeit limited choice) Stadler suits here in the UK. 10 year warranty not to be sniffed at and quality of armour, materials etc is exceptional.
Worth looking and keeping an eye on their Sunday sale email bulletins. As they are dropping Stadler kit from their range for next year.
Reason how I know this, because I was going through the process of ordering a bespoke Stadler suit, and only last week received an email, stating that they would not be able to fulfill my order on the grounds mentioned above.

To be honest, that’s exactly what I thought would be the case. As far as branding is concerned, he’s quite happy to have a manufacturers brand on it like rev’it etc but he doesn’t want a motorcycle brand on it. I.e. BMW/Honda.

They are s called a tier 1 suppliers, they may make a multitude of clothing / parts for various OEM's

What they cant do is sell the stuff themselves, as there own

If they did and they were caught, they wouldnt be supplying the stuff anymore.

Have Stadler gloves and trousers. Excellent kit and the logo is quite discreet.
Just returned my 2 year old Stadler trousers as were leaking. Gore Tex coughed up for the cost as not repairable. So my thinking now is that a ten year warranty is less important than the waterproofing warranty. How often have trousers come apart...not many even cheapo ones, but water ingress...

My pal want the BME GS suit but doesn't want BMW branding or any other motorcycle make branding plastered across the clothing.
How about bespoke textiles from Hideout or BKS Made-to-Measure? Both offer textile jackets and trousers without logos as a cost-free option.

Also, both are considerably better built (in my experience) and more protective than BMW clobber.

BKS are a 5 minute walk from my place in Exmouth, S Devon, an excuse for a road trip to sunny Devon for a measure up.

Al.

Back
Top Bottom