Wthe 660 is connected to my Mac, both the garmin and sd card are showing on the desktop as folders, but garmin express can’t see the 660. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

don71uk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
…. I thought I would check my 660 today, but when the 660 is connected to my Mac, both the garmin and sd card are showing on the desktop as folders, but garmin express can’t see the 660.

Basecamp can see the sd card, but not the 660 unit. I can transfer to/ from the sd card.

Did anyone find a solution to this?

=======

I have started you a fresh thread.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I’m opening an old thread, but I thought I would check my 660 today, but when the 660 is connected to my Mac, both the garmin and sd card are showing on the desktop as folders, but garmin express can’t see the 660.

Basecamp can see the sd card, but not the 660 unit. I can transfer to/ from the sd card.

Did anyone find a solution to this?
No one else then,

I’ve seen that thread, but that isn’t my problem, mine is the Mac finds the garmin 660 and associated SD card, but the garmin software, basecamp and garmin express can’t find/see the 660. Basecamp sees the SD card,

But thanks for the help.

Sorry- I know zip about Macs except Mac 'n cheese but thats no help.
The only thing I can think of is removing the 660 from G.Express , disconnect restart 660, reconnect to G.Express ( update to latest) and ADD device.
This may work.
Caveat- doing this could possibly risk G.Express not recognizing lifetime maps.
Not having one of these units makes it impossible to be sure. At your own risk!

Sorry- I know zip about Macs except Mac 'n cheese but thats no help.
The only thing I can think of is removing the 660 from G.Express , disconnect restart 660, reconnect to G.Express ( update to latest) and ADD device.
This may work.
Caveat- doing this could possibly risk G.Express not recognizing lifetime maps.
Not having one of these units makes it impossible to be sure. At your own risk!
Removed 660 from GE, but can’t now reconnect as GE doesn’t recognise the 660…..

At least I’ve got 2024.1 maps loaded in basecamp and on the 660 ( on the sd card), and basecamp sees the sd card so I can still create routes and send them to the sd card.

Try talking the SD card out of the Nav device and reconnect it to see if it can "see" the Nav device without the SD card onboard?

How new is the Mac. I think the garmin are usb 1.1 and the newer macs are 3.1. Perhaps try the cable in a separate connector.

How new is the Mac. I think the garmin are usb 1.1 and the newer macs are 3.1. Perhaps try the cable in a separate connector.
The Mac is a late 2015, don’t believe it’s the cable as the Mac can see both the garmin and the sd card, it’s the garmin software both basecamp and express that can find/see the Zumo 660, basecamp can see the sd card.

There are loads of issues with Garmin atm.
Use that link I posted - its the only way I've got my Mac to work in the last week.

There are loads of issues with Garmin atm.
Use that link I posted - its the only way I've got my Mac to work in the last week.
I followed the link to do the full removal of GE for the MAC, but it has not changed anything.

its a late 2015 running monterey 12.7.4

connecting via a USB port and the Garmin cable.

On my M2 running 14.3.1, I can only get Garmin Express to "see" the 660 if I connect via a USB hub and not directly to the Mac.

Tried using a usb hub, Garmin software still doesn't connect to the 660, the mac connects to both 660 and SD card.

I have similar issues with my zumo xt the MAC does not see it even the base camp doesn’t see it, but it sees the bmw nav 6 , so been on the phone to garmin and tried all there recommendations, I have MacBook Pro 2019 , but when the zumo is connected to a windows laptop everything works

I have similar issues with my zumo xt the MAC does not see …. but when the zumo is connected to a windows laptop everything works

That is normal.

Let’s not hijack the poor fellow’s 660 thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom