Yamaha TMAX 500 Scooter Track Build

A great video I enjoyed that, thanks for the link.

Whilst my own road-going 500 Tmax is no sports bike and unlikely to win any races, its no slouch in real-world riding either.

Whilst my own road-going 500 Tmax is no sports bike and unlikely to win any races, its no slouch in real-world riding either.
potentially a few inspired mods you could do ;)

Whats the insurance like on them? I always thought they might be high because they are very hot for thieves (though that is mostly cities)

Mine already has a few improvements over stock: Dr Pulley 16g Variator weights for improved primary drive range and ratio, Malossi yellow compensator spring for 500 RPM better kickdown, Malossi clutch kit with slightly stiffer springs for increased slip before lockup, Akrapovic full exhaust system (baffles fitted to avoid annoying my neighbours).

It goes very well for a 500cc 'moped', my daily 12 mile commute each way (half of it motorway) is such a doddle on a scoot and very practical with a topbox and underseat storage, handlebar muffs, heated seat and grips and a "Termoscud" (shytebag) to keep the weather off.

Unsure about the insurance as I have a multibike policy, but I would guess it adds about £150 fully comp (garaged and in a low crime area postcode.)

Enjoyed that, does anyone know if the 530 big bore fits in the 300 Xmax frame :D

Back
Top Bottom