Is there any reason I shouldn't get a 990 smt?

Thought so. A mate demo'd it a while back and brought it round to me to see if I'd get it back to shiney if he bought it. Like me, he loved riding it but then went and bought another Fireblade.

I reckon I'd just put the chain and sprockets on it. It is a little scruffy around the headers too. What did you think of it Davy?

Good enough bike and not much dearer than a 2009 model in McCallens and a better colour to boot. I know what I'd do and dealing with Belfast Honda has always been a pleasure for me.

There's little choice over here, Clive. That's why I've bought 6 bikes over the water over the past several years, but some folk don't like the uncertainty of doing a distance deal.

I could always start up a bike resurrection service now I'm heading into retirement. I think I could be quite good at it. ;)

There's little choice over here, Clive. That's why I've bought 6 bikes over the water over the past several years, but some folk don't like the uncertainty of doing a distance deal.

I could always start up a bike resurrection service now I'm heading into retirement. I think I could be quite good at it. ;)

I think you'd be bloody brilliant at it!

Now you've got me thinking.........:blast:D

Any sign of your smt yet Clive? Hope to be going up to pick mine up next week!!

Any sign of your smt yet Clive? Hope to be going up to pick mine up next week!!

I'll be picking her up on Saturday Neil. :thumb

Train up to Liverpool, then I've plotted myself a nice 250 mile route down through Wales via Snowdonia and Brecon national parks to home. Only 70 miles longer than the M6/M5 and heaps more fun.

Very very excited now :D

Hope you get yours soon :comfort

P&h. In Crawley, only 15 miles and not quite as spectacular ride home as snowdonia :thumb2

Had mum and dad coming round for a BBQ this afternoon but didn't go straight home.:D
Took a test ride about a year ago thought these were the best bike I had ever ridden small, compact, quick steering awesome brakes and engine, suited me down to the ground.
Still is :JB
e6ec4baa7983bcb984543d20f19d3855.jpg

No reason at all not to get one :thumb2

Snap!

Picked up today, ridden home through Wales, bloody amazing bike.

Attachments

• smt04.jpg
    smt04.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 279
  • smt03.jpg
    smt03.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 279
HTR, Clive. It's just your type of bike to a tee. :aidan

You're right there Davy, it's like a slimmed down faster version of my Ulysses, really made up with it. It's basically like a brand new bike, only had 1380 miles on the clock, it'll be two years old in November, I got a cracking deal from Sye, happy as a pig in shit. :aidan

Back
Top Bottom