Keyless Fuel cap won't open now

Tyzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last Saturday in Wales it wouldn't start now I can't open the fuel cap ,fortunately I'm only 2 miles from home .This is getting ridiculous !

press the cap down as hard as you can, whilst you turn the key / lift the flap ....

Keyless... not the first report.

Yeah yeah .... so regardless of key or no key, its probably such a tight fit that the tab of the lock is stuck in its groove against the pressure of the cap if you see what I mean ....

Hard press, try tab ....

press the cap down as hard as you can, whilst you turn the key / lift the flap ....

It's keyless ? I did 15,000 miles on 2017 Exclusive with keyless not a single issue.Just as well I wasn't far from home,that trip to the Alps next year is definitely off I'm off in the car :D

Yeah yeah .... so regardless of key or no key, its probably such a tight fit that the tab of the lock is stuck in its groove against the pressure of the cap if you see what I mean ....

Hard press, try tab ....
Just tried that still won't open,I have sledge hammer I could use !

Thats him sorted then. :doris

Had a great ride today in the Yorkshies Dales,now this has just pissed me off ! The thing is this shit could happen anywhere and I could potentially be stranded until recovery arrived ,not good and I have very little faith in this bike.

Thats him sorted then. :doris

I was responding to Giles, who suggested that you hold the cap down whilst turning the KEY....

Now be a good fellow and off you fuck.

I was responding to Giles, who suggested that you hold the cap down whilst turning the KEY....

Now be a good fellow and off you fuck.

did you miss the bit after the backslash, "lift the flap"?

did you miss the bit after the backslash, "lift the flap"?

To be honest Wessie.... I don’t really care......

I am frustrated though for the current crop of owners suffering from a myriad of issues...

And I stand by my Keyless comment... sadly he’s not the first.

Mines been fine until Friday, 8 miles left on the gauge and I roll into the petrol station and it won’t open, tried everything mentioned above apart from the sledgehammer and didn’t have tools to loosen the cap.
The guy in the kiosk says that there’s another petrol station 4 (eek!!) miles down the road with a mechanics, so off I pop.
Get to the garage on fumes and the bloody thing opens first go.
I don’t think this is always a mechanical issue, sometimes I think it software, nothing changed between the two stops apart from time and the engine running for 4 miles

Had a great ride today in the Yorkshies Dales,now this has just pissed me off ! The thing is this shit could happen anywhere and I could potentially be stranded until recovery arrived ,not good and I have very little faith in this bike.

Thats why they’ll fit you an SOS button for £300 or so,for when this shit happens !

Sorry to hear of your woes.It’s not very good, is it !

Tried that,can get it open now but as soon as I screw it's back down its stuck and won't open ,rubbish ! It's on empty so I think I'll let them come and recover it ,I spent 3 hrs at the dealer on Wednesday sorting the non starting debacle out !

Yep it sucks sometimes, if you screw it back down, but slightly under torqued, does it open then, I know it is a pain, but might help.

Yep it sucks sometimes, if you screw it back down, but slightly under torqued, does it open then, I know it is a pain, but might help.

According to the manual if you lift the latch and the key is in range a red light flashes on the dash to let you know it's unlocked,that's not happening .I suspect it's the catch that's knackered.

Mines been fine until Friday, 8 miles left on the gauge and I roll into the petrol station and it won’t open, tried everything mentioned above apart from the sledgehammer and didn’t have tools to loosen the cap.
The guy in the kiosk says that there’s another petrol station 4 (eek!!) miles down the road with a mechanics, so off I pop.
Get to the garage on fumes and the bloody thing opens first go.
I don’t think this is always a mechanical issue, sometimes I think it software, nothing changed between the two stops apart from time and the engine running for 4 miles

I agree I think it's a software issue !

Thats why they’ll fit you an SOS button for £300 or so,for when this shit happens !

Sorry to hear of your woes.It’s not very good, is it !

I can just about accept a few issues here and there but it's the fact that the issues I'm having can leave you stranded,not good when you have the wife with you .

Back
Top Bottom