Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Having now dismissed the Benelli I asked about the other day my attention is now drawn to the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

So again, anyone got one/ridden one/owned one ? Seen a few of TMF's vids as he has one and rates it highly it seems.

Went to CW in Dorchester today, they are now an Enfield dealership. Had a good look around, liked the Himalaya, saw the Interceptor, only comment is from the back, the exhausts look weird, they splay out a bit too much for my liking. But fancy a test ride on both :)

Went to CW in Dorchester today, they are now an Enfield dealership. Had a good look around, liked the Himalaya, saw the Interceptor, only comment is from the back, the exhausts look weird, they splay out a bit too much for my liking. But fancy a test ride on both :)

Any suitable for blood bikes ?

Nope not for Blood Bike work, but for a fun bike or a second bike absolutely :)

Nope not for Blood Bike work, but for a fun bike or a second bike absolutely :)

In the dealers today he said hardly anyone who has bought one has it as their only bike, he said f anything it was the Himalayan would be bought for sole purposes.

He started up their demo for me with the twin scorpions, sounds loverly.

Deffo a second Sunday bike I reckon / although it’s a mindset at the end of the day - you can ride any bike anywhere!

Mine's being delivered this Friday. So much to like, back to basics, great classic looks, simple design no useless electronic gadgets to go wrong, get my feet nearly flat on the ground, light slipper clutch, 270deg balanced engine sounds great and has Vtwin like torque though modest power.

Attachments

• IMG_1304 edit.jpg
    IMG_1304 edit.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 764
Mine's being delivered this Friday. So much to like, back to basics, great classic looks, simple design no useless electronic gadgets to go wrong, get my feet nearly flat on the ground, light slipper clutch, 270deg balanced engine sounds great and has Vtwin like torque though modest power.

Nice.

Found out also the white is dearer than the black or orange, interesting.

Nice.

Found out also the white is dearer than the black or orange, interesting.

White is the Baker Express colour scheme. I really liked the orange but last summer nearly everyone you saw was orange so I’ve gone for plain black. If you want to change colour it’s not ridiculously expensive to buy another tank.

S&S are now doing bits for the Interceptor; exhausts, a cam and other bits.

Write-ups all seem pretty good, especially at the price. Take a test ride?

A

I was joking about them being used for blood bikes��

Reliability and all year round would need to be proven, riding a zillion miles and fixed by any Indian corner shop is no guarantees they will work over here.

You can use any bike for Blood Bikes provided it has a rack and if possibly panniers.

Whatever you carry should be covered with a waterproof 'Blood' protective cover anyway so, as long as it is secure, you'll be fine.

Whether or not you're happy to ride it in the rain and without a screen is another matter.

Do you also have access to a liveried bike?

I know a lady Doctor who uses her Harley for Blood Bike runs...

Oh - you're joking :blast

Back
Top Bottom