Remote key after 3 new batteries.

Had to change mine on December 30th, bike new Oct 18. Not used it since so will see what happens.

Could be a common problem??

Just checked the handbook and for a 2018 bike fob it is a CR2032 battery, so worth checking as there are differences in the bike year.

Just checked the handbook and for a 2018 bike fob it is a CR2032 battery, so worth checking as there are differences in the bike year.
You’re correct and I was mistaken. It doesn’t change the battery voltage though.

So how long is the key battery supposed to last, I was surprised to see my battery low warning coming on before my bike was a year old.?

So how long is the key battery supposed to last, I was surprised to see my battery low warning coming on before my bike was a year old.?

Well as an example, my Ford Keyless fob has just told me the battery was low and its 3 years old. So go figure, BMW Quality ??? Im thinking not.:mad:

18 months
24 months
20 months
However, How often you use the bike is obviously a factor. My bikes are parked on a carpet, plugged into the wall in my heated garage from Oct - march .......

Old battery I noticed was branded Panasonic. Lasted 20 months. New battery ‘Duracell’ made in China. Anyway Boots were selling 2 for £4.30.

I was happily surprised that the batteries are very easy to find, My first battery first flagged as low in Luxembourg, The first "Newsagent" shop I found stocked them. I do have a spare, but with the warnings its not really a panic job.

So, for the record changed battery 11the January and on 16th March 50% message shows up. Bike used twice in that time.
Battery lifetime:
1. 22 months OEM Panasonic
2. 2 months Duracell

So, for the record changed battery 11the January and on 16th March 50% message shows up. Bike used twice in that time.
Battery lifetime:
1. 22 months OEM Panasonic
2. 2 months Duracell

Check the date on the battery .... I did, Mine had Best Before 10 / 17:D

Had exactly the same issue with mine last November. Fitted a new battery after a “Key Fob battery less than 50%” TFT message. Fitted a new one (Energiser...) 2 weeks later, fob would unlock the bike etc. Another new battery - the same. Went to my local BMW dealer - “Need a BMW (????) battery. (Actually a Varta in BMW Packaging). 2 weeks later and guess what! Surprise surprise fob stops working. By this time its December. Tell the dealer - “We will gave to have the bike in”....... so OK agree it will be done with service in January. So warranty ran out in December but the fault had been reported in November so I’m OK. Get the bike back home to find the new fob wont open any of the panniers, seat releases!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?
Turns out Ive got the wrong blade so back it goes....AGAIN!

Anyway - fob IS faulty. Dealer needs to change it for you!

Someone said his battery in keyfob was going flat after about a month because he was leaving the key in the garage near bike. When he stored the key inside the house it fixed the problem.
I have the problem so I'm now storing the key further away from bike. Trouble is it takes a while to know if it stops the problem.
So, Does anyone else who has the frequent flat key battery keep the key near the bike when it's in the garage?

funny enough i have the same problem with my 2016 keyless.

The original battery read via multimeter 2.7v so under voltage. Popped in a brand new duracell measuring 3v and guess what batt low error. message keeps appearing.

I wonder if it needs resetting? I have motoscan software so will explore the weekend.

Hope it is not the fob as no warranty. Pain in the fookin ass all these electonic bulll shit.

Till they go flat

surly anything that has a battery will go flat ? and then become useless:nenau

in nearly seven years using keyless, Change the batteries each time when the warning shown. No problem at all :nenau

Back
Top Bottom