Independent Harley Davidson garage in Surrey?

gabriel_gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I’m looking to move back to a Heritage Classic, but if I do I’d like to swap the stock handlebars for Hollywood bars... but I know the official garages charge a fortune as it’s not a small job (requires new cables/hoses) so I was looking to get a quote from an independent ideally near me (Surrey)

Any recommendations?

Hi folks,

I’m looking to move back to a Heritage Classic, but if I do I’d like to swap the stock handlebars for Hollywood bars... but I know the official garages charge a fortune as it’s not a small job (requires new cables/hoses) so I was looking to get a quote from an independent ideally near me (Surrey)

Any recommendations?

Try it yourself, once you have the correct cables ( Harley parts book/bible) it's not too difficult a job.:thumb2 It's made easier if you have a compressor to blow a guide string down the bar so you can pull the cable through after it, but still doable if you haven't got one. (presuming the cables are inside the bars?)

yeah, that sounds do-able, but I was under the impression you have to change brake hoses too... never touched brake hoses before and not keen to ‘have a go’ there

yeah, that sounds do-able, but I was under the impression you have to change brake hoses too... never touched brake hoses before and not keen to ‘have a go’ there

Fair enough, I dare say someone from the Home Counties will be along in a while with a suggestion.:thumb

You need software to change the hoses out ... ref the ABS pump actuators ...I’m led to believe ... make sure Indy has invested in the right kit..

I know a good guy near Emsworth on the Sussex / Hampshire border... but that may be too far for you..

I see. Maybe it’s best to go ‘official’ for something like this then... perhaps I will try to haggle it as part of a deal when I find a bike

I see. Maybe it’s best to go ‘official’ for something like this then... perhaps I will try to haggle it as part of a deal when I find a bike
With mine, the dealer's offer to change the bars on my RKS was discounted to £506 plus the bars.

As I can do all of it apart from the brakes I thought I'd do it myself. The advantage being that the bars I'm planning to fit are lower so I can do the full bar change then ride to whomever is going to do the brake and clutch hoses.

Back
Top Bottom