easy windscreen swap?

TomW

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to the gs world. I have recently bought a r1200gsa 2010. I plan to use it for offroad trips and I noticed that the big windscreen is rather dangereous for my head, but is quite fragile as well.

I have cut a windscreen to a shorter length, which is ideal for offroad trips. But I do like the comfort of the original one for road trips. So i would like to be able to swap between them. Unfortunately, the screen design was done on a late friday afternoon at Bavaria when everyone wanted to go home. Swapping the two screens is very time consuming.

Are there any hacks that allow for windscreens to be swapped more easily?

Thanks for your advice ;-)

Define dangerous for your head??

Go and get a Givi airflow screen, easiest to adjust

Define dangerous for your head??

Go and get a Givi airflow screen, easiest to adjust

And another advantage of the Givi is that you can remove the top half completely giving you a sturdy low screen for when you are off road, without the need to swap screens at all.

Dangerous as in: I have the feeling it can chop my nose off because it's so close. If I hit a pothole with the front wheel and it causes me to lose momentum, my upper body (and my head as well) comes down towards the edge of the windscreen.

You are wise not to trail ride with a tall screen.
I once removed my screen with my head after a hitting something in a water filled rut that sent my front wheel into the high bank of the lane...the stop was very sudden and my screen was suddenly large pieces.
Needless to say a lesson learned the hard way so swapping to a low or even completely removing the screen is a good idea on the rough stuff.
8747ebabac223fa6c25fb83e884bd36d.jpg
b2fbb63b60fe7a1ddc85e4d42b1163ab.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Dangerous as in: I have the feeling it can chop my nose off because it's so close. If I hit a pothole with the front wheel and it causes me to lose momentum, my upper body (and my head as well) comes down towards the edge of the windscreen.

Ah the definitive word is "FEELING"

I can tell you its nowhere near, and if your wearing a crash helmet what is the issue??

As i said givi airflow job done

Thanks for telling me how I should feel, dear Santa.

My initial question still stands: I'm happy with the original screen for touring, I'm happy with the short one for trail riding. Are there any hacks to make a swap less time-consuming?

The givi airflow seems a decent alternative, but I'm afraid it will not be as good on road as I have now with the original one (with extender on highway), and still too big for trail riding.

Thanks for telling me how I should feel, dear Santa.

My initial question still stands: I'm happy with the original screen for touring, I'm happy with the short one for trail riding. Are there any hacks to make a swap less time-consuming?

The givi airflow seems a decent alternative, but I'm afraid it will not be as good on road as I have now with the original one (with extender on highway), and still too big for trail riding.

Givi air flow - you need to try it before dismissing it.

You get 3 ways of adjustment.

short screen fwd back

Combined screens fwd back

Combined screens fwd back & up down.

oh and i see your still as prickly now as you were as a child ;)

your still on the naughty list btw xx :beerjug:

Santa :)

Givi A330 airflow is great as it gives you great protection on road and it takes two seconds to remove the larger of the screens leaving the small screen for off road .

Back
Top Bottom