XT mount (E NAv 3DAM mount from Italy)

Straight on the bar with a lockable touratech mount

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As longjohn says. The BMW plug is £20 from Nippy's but it's also very easy to simply splice the XT wires into the loom at the point the BMW lead plugs in.

With this italian mount adapter, you do need to splice any leads. Or purchase any new mount. Just mount the XT into the BMW mount.

Yes my reply was more directed at the post before. Claiming the same. However ommiting the fact the Tourertech mount wasnt included, which was how much ?:blast
Personally, I'd rather spend the £70 rather than cut any wires.

I suppose that as a past electronics engineer (BT Research Laboratories) the idea of splicing into the wiring is natural to me. Each to their own.

I suppose that as a past electronics engineer (BT Research Laboratories) the idea of splicing into the wiring is natural to me. Each to their own.

I agree, but i'm also thinking of the next owner.
I've never liked cutting into wires, especially the latest BMW canbus setup. that orange warning light !

No cutting into BMW loom at all just fit plug onto XT lead and plug in same place as BMW sat nav lead is plugged into.

No cutting into BMW loom at all just fit plug onto XT lead and plug in same place as BMW sat nav lead is plugged into.

This is confusing me:rob

Just fit plug onto XT lead ? There is no XT lead.

Then plug that non existent lead into the BMW Sat Nav Plug ?
And whilst you are here, How much was your Touratech XT cradle ?

The XT lead is the power lead that comes with the XT, the plug is a BMW accessory (£20 from Nippy Norman's). Fit plug to XT lead, XT lead into XT mount and plug into the BMW loom at the point you unplugged the BMW cradle wiring lead.

OK, I must be missing something here.
I purchase an XT adapter to fit XT. £70.
Push it in. Bingo.
But here Im being told that its a faff and expensive?:rolleyes:

Longjohn says "Thats what I do" Simply blah blah blah.
However. Longjohn has to buy the XT lockable mount £130, the BMW plug £20. Then faff around unplugging, and plugging in wires ?

https://www.touratech-uk.co.uk/handlebar-mount-for-garmin-zumo-xt-lockable-black.html

The Adapter simply pushes on LOL:blast

God I love this place.:loopy

Jesus Loves you:D

You seem to be missing the point.

You've chosen to buy a £70+ adapter that with a little work (10 minutes) satisfies your needs and that's fine.

Others choose to use the included XT mount and wiring (£0) and a BMW plug (£20) with a little extra work (about 20 minutes) and that's fine too.

I chose to use the included XT mount and wiring (£0) and splice into the BMW loom (£0) that takes about 30 minutes, and that's fine as well.

Each option is equally as valid as the others but essentially come down to - paying more money = less work but same outcome = fitted and working XT.

I'm a pensioner with all the time (and necessary skills) to save myself £70+ so why wouldn't I?

You seem to be missing the point.

You've chosen to buy a £70+ adapter that with a little work (10 minutes) satisfies your needs and that's fine.

Others choose to use the included XT mount and wiring (£0) and a BMW plug (£20) with a little extra work (about 20 minutes) and that's fine too.

I chose to use the included XT mount and wiring (£0) and splice into the BMW loom (£0) that takes about 30 minutes, and that's fine as well.

Each option is equally as valid as the others but essentially come down to - paying more money = less work but same outcome = fitted and working XT.

I'm a pensioner with all the time (and necessary skills) to save myself £70+ so why wouldn't I?

You seem to have missed the point.

Longjohn has
Remove the BMW mount.
Purchased an XT mount £130
Purchased the BMW plug £20
Messed around with wires......

That's what I was referring to.

I, simply push on a £70 adapter and bingo ? :nenau

I suppose the advantage of the Touratech mount is primarily security but as nice as their mounts are, and they do look great, I've always considered them over-engineered but each to their own.

I suppose the advantage of the Touratech mount is primarily security but as nice as their mounts are, and they do look great, I've always considered them over-engineered but each to their own.

The adapter is lockable :nenau

Using the BMW key.

Yes. Bmw is locking mechanism is plastic. Very easy to rip off the sat nav.
Touratech is more secure so u could leave satnav un attended while drinking coffee etc

well dont know what happened there went back to the italian site and prodded a few more buttons and its let me order one! lets see what happens.....

Back
Top Bottom