Dead iPad

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My iPad (9.7" iPad Pro, about 5-6 years old) has been playing up for a while - not charging, very poor battery life, not switching off, for a while and has now died - it's just a brick.

I view this as an excuse to get a new one. It's a while since I shopped for one, and I see that there are 12.9" and 11" iPad Pro's, an iPad, and a 10.9" iPad Air.

Any comments on the new models, good, bad or indifferent? Is the M1 chip worthwhile?

I found the 9.7" a bit small, and the screen not so good by current standard. I had 256gb and it was quite full. I used it for note taking, music, browsing, and some photo editing with Lightroom.

If it is under 6 years old & has no obvious physical damage I would consider asking Apple to replace it under UK Consumer Law. I did this with mine and got a replacment free of charge.

Have you been charging with an Apple cable not an aftermarket version.

Have you tried a total restart?

Press both buttons at the same time and keep them pressed?

:beerjug:

My best tip would be to cart yourself to the nearest decent store and look at each, side by side. Then buy the one that suits you best.

Have you been charging with an Apple cable not an aftermarket version.

I have - at first I thought that was the problem, so I tried again with an Apple charger and Apple cable, still dead

edit: It wasn't a genuine Apple charger. I'm going in again!

My best tip would be to cart yourself to the nearest decent store and look at each, side by side. Then buy the one that suits you best.

I would, but I don't have all the vaccine credentials to enter shops, I don't think

I have - at first I thought that was the problem, so I tried again with an Apple charger and Apple cable, still dead

Bugger. That worked, genuine Apple charger and cable, now it's charging! My excuse for a new one is evaporating.

Mine was dead just outside of warranty. I went to the Apple store and they plugged it in whilst filling in the forms to buy a new one and it sprang into life.

I bought an expensive new Apple charger and it’s going strong. The chip in the cable is critical, I suspect during software updates.

11” pro, 256gb, WiFi only version is what I am using, just about to upgrade as Mrs YMFBs very old mini is dieing and is now reliant on being plugged in almost permanently.

11” pro, 256gb, WiFi only version is what I am using, just about to upgrade as Mrs YMFBs very old mini is dieing and is now reliant on being plugged in almost permanently.

Can’t you get the battery replaced ?

My iPad home button is kerfuffled. I've activated the virtual home button but it's not as convenient. I wonder if the aftermarket charger has fecked that too.

What does this mean? Are Apple stores restricting access based on injection status?

I believe they are asking for vax passes to enter at my local shop in the Oracle in Reading, though I haven’t been on myself a friend was asked for his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they are asking for vax passes to enter at my local shop in the Oracle in Reading, though I haven’t been on myself a friend was asked for his.
One to avoid then :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom