R9T bits

That looks so much better a bit higher, must admit I do like the black seat as well, have sent you a PM
Rob

Thanks Rob. The seat is a gel one and decent quality (unit garage) lucky to pick it up second hand and looks brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob. Have a look on motorworks website
They sell the second suspension units for the r1200gs for £150.

Got the black seat on mine Rob, raised 25mm too. I prefer it

1b0c6a4bd929283714b836ae4d6c05b3.jpg

b3d07d9c6c5a70ad790d5f63e975c1a6.jpg

Although it was the red seat that caught my eye on the Turban the Black seat does look nice, might be a bit high for me judging by the step youve got next to the bike to get on it in the first picture LOL

I think ill look for a black seat

Bought a 1200GS Rear shock from James Shirlock, Used with 6 months garantee £169.00 lets see how that feels when it arrives Tuesday !!

Did a few things today
after fitting the Ohlins progressive fork springs I fitted a pair of preload adjusters
fitted the screen
fitted the foot peg fat pegs (Cheap from China ) but seem to work and fit OK
fitted a Givi Tank ring to the only tank bag I could find that dont foul the handlebars with the Roxx Risers fitted
fitted a little tail bag on the rear rack

Rear shock will be here tomorrow so ill get that fitted and post some piccies and measurements if anyone is interested

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0232.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0232.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 128
  • thumbnail_IMG_0235.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0235.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 122
  • thumbnail_IMG_0233.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0233.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 122
  • thumbnail_IMG_0231.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0231.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 121
Although it was the red seat that caught my eye on the Turban the Black seat does look nice, might be a bit high for me judging by the step youve got next to the bike to get on it in the first picture LOL

I think ill look for a black seat

Thought I would do the same until I saw one with a blue seat.
This is my steed with extra padding which also raises the seat height.

Sorry about the orientation of the photo.

Attachments

• 2A031435-7B87-4DA7-8B72-2BB96FE8C40C.jpeg
    2A031435-7B87-4DA7-8B72-2BB96FE8C40C.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 118
g00ner I fitted Hyperpro springs bought from a member from here, changed the fork oil as per their spec, the bike rode better with the crashing over bumps almost gone and the front end quite a bit smoother as you would expect from progressive springs
I only bought the Ohlins front springs as they come from a guy I was buying a couple of other bits from and they had Ohlins stamped on the top of them and a sheet of Ohlins stickers with them LOL
they also used the same weight oil so I did not have to do the oil change again
To be totally honest I cant tell the difference between the Hyperpro and the Ohlins springs they seem to ride the same but either is without better than the standard
with respect to changing them which can also be dont using the original fork oil ive been told is a really easy job took about 20 mins in total all I used was a trolly jack to lift the front wheel just off the floor to release the fork pressure a bit tools needed 17mm spanner or socket and a coat hanger bent at the end to hook the springs out, once the cap is off pull the spacer then the washer then the spring out, trying not to loose any oil then simply reverse the process with the new spring
job done
worth doing Yes id say so im hoping the new rear shock will make the bigger difference tomorrowbut I will let you all know

Have you looked at any of the setup information available ie sag setup, oil gap increase etc? There's a lot of info on here regarding this, do some searches - forks, fork oil etc.

Also have a look at the following there's lots that can be done at no cost but a bit of time and a ruler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK3flKxf41U
https://norwestsuspension.com/sag-calculator#
https://www.racetech.com/page/title/Emulators-How They Work

The last one is interesting and a few including me have fitted emulators with good results instead of £500 fork rebuilds.

Rear shock also look at "shock factory".

Shock removed very easy job took about 20 mins all in bike on paddock stand and suspended with a ratchet strap from the garage roof
waiting for DPD to deliver the new shock and ill get it fitted

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 93
I supported mine by putting jack under need sump guard the strapping foot pegs down to work bench, just another way.

Shock fitted this afteronno well happy with the unit very clean and tidy,
Ok for those who that asked about the difference in height

Bike on standard rear shock adjusted to roughly 50% preload measurements taken from the floor to the rear indicator bolt on the right hand side
on side stand with 1" side stand fat foot floor to indicator bolt 82cm
bike stood upright no weight on it so static sag 79.5cm
bike with 100kg fat bloke sat on it 75cm

new shock fitted and preload adjuster set to normal on side stand 91cm but remember it will be leant over more so Id take no notice of that figure
bike stood upright no weight on it so static sag 87cm
bike with 100kg fat bloke sat on it 83cm

So the bike is almost the same height with the new shock fitted and me on it as it was on the side stand with the old shock fitted !! not sure how the figures work out above hut really the only ones im interested in is the static sag and rider sag, the bike looks a lot better in my opinion ive not ridden it yet but will tomorrow and see how it feels, just doing the bounce test it feels a lot less pogo stick so hoping it rides better

please dont take the above figures as being Micron accurate there not but they as accurate for you to see the difference

heres a couple of more pics, ill see if ive got one of the bike in the same position before and after

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0241.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0241.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 87
  • thumbnail_IMG_0242.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0242.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 86
  • thumbnail_IMG_0243.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0243.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 87
  • thumbnail_IMG_0245.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0245.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 88
Cable tie holding the rear brake resi was just to hold it in place, the 3rd and 4th pics below is with the side stand on a 2" block of wood so will look even higher when its on the floor !!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0181.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0181.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 87
  • Aftershock.jpg
    Aftershock.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 88
  • thumbnail_IMG_0183.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0183.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 84
  • thumbnail_IMG_0247.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0247.jpg